Chapter 36: Home Land

I called an ubor home, since I had left with Caden. I felt so many mixed emotions.

I felt a lot yesterday.

But today was a new day.

After a quick sleep last night, I decided to go to my father's place. I didn't want any chances of seeing Caden for the next few days so I pack my bags right in the morning. Taking my gym bag, I stash a few pairs of clothes and some other necessities.

I ring up Sean's number and he answers right away.

"I knew you would make the right decision." He annoyingly states and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Shut up Sean. Give me the address will you?"

"Yeah, sure doll. How long are you staying for?"

"Probably a night or something. I don't know." I reply and shiver as reality starts hitting me.

I'm going to see my father, the man I was always scared of. The one who practically ruined my life.

"Don't be scared. You'll be fine, I'll be with you."

"How ironic. Our father took us away from each other and now he's bringing us together."

He chuckles, "Just come over."

He hangs up and texts me the address. I walk out of my room and check the kitchen. There was a note placed on the table and I pick it up.

'I'm going to my parent's place, wish me luck :)' The note reads.

No wonder Harper wasn't anywhere to be found. I look around the apartment one last time and can't help but think of all the memories I have in this place. Me and Zeke in the living room, Harper and I making out in the kitchen (I can't believe that happened), and to me and Caden.

His eyes looking me up and down as he checks out my outfit. His intense eyes. His hot breath against my ear.

'You look hot.'

I shake my head and sigh. Too bad that can never happen again. I look at myself in the mirror one last time before I head out of the apartment to my car.

I type in the address and didn't realize I was shaking until I placed my phone down.

This was going to be a crazy car ride.

......

As I take each step I begin to dread my decision even more.

Why was I even going through with this?

Because Caden convinced me.

That's right, that idiot convinced to go see my father. But even still, I might as well go now than later as it was school break.

I knock at the door of the small house that I never knew of and my brother opens it with a friendly smile, helping to ease my nerves.

"He's not here." Sean says and I exhale the breathe that I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank goodness, I'm not ready."

I walk inside the house and throw my stuff onto the floor. I take a look around and hear Sean's footsteps behind me. The house was surprisingly homey.

There were a bunch of picture frames of people I don't know of, along with quite a few decorations. There was a small living room at my left, with a TV and some couches. The stairs could be seen going straight up just as I enter the home. There was also a short hall to walk into and I find the kitchen and dining room.

Obviously I head straight to the kitchen and open up the cupboards.

"Oh, what a surprise, dad hasn't been starving you." I pick out a chip bag and hear Sean chuckle. I turn to see him leaning on the dining table watching me with a smile.