Chapter 58: The Fallen

After Jackson was shot dead the whole North gang ran away and vanished, making it easy for us to escape. We all left the gang's hideout and headed off to our own respective cars.

My car was containing myself, Caden, Sean, Josy, Alex and George. Along with Zeke's lifeless body.

"Josy. He's dead. We can't take him with us." George states but Josy continues to sob as she watches Zeke's pale motionless face.

Once Zeke was shot dead, me and Josy were left in shock. Josy was in tears, as she probably lost the love of her life, and I just lost my best friend.

I killed him.

It's my fault.

Tears wouldn't come out as I was left stunned and in shock. I couldn't believe it.

Caden was driving the car and I was sitting beside him at the passenger seat. I could feel his short glances at me.

We were all shaken up by this event as we all knew Zeke. He was the greatest person we all could have ever met. We were supposed to grow old together. He was supposed to be there at my wedding and be my best man or whatever it's called.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Why did he do that?

Sean had to pull at Josy to help her exit the den. Caden rushed over to me and held me throughout it all. He helped me into the car and as we drive, his hand was still caressing my thigh, reminding me that he was there for me.

I lift my legs and curl up as I feel the tears start to drip down my face.

"I-I-can't." Alex starts to tear up as well and I hear him silently cry. George punches him and starts to sob out loud to himself.

"You guys-"Sean tries to say but I notice the crack in his voice. His eyes were getting glossy and he turns back to the window, continuing to watch the roads. He may not have known Zeke that well, but this loss was still just as painful. Especially with his corpse laying right in this car.

His corpse.

It was just a reminder.

That he's fucking dead.

"And it's all your fault!" Josy shouts and I curl up tighter.

"I know." I whisper and Caden's hand tightens on my knee.

"It's not her fault! It's Jackson's fault. He tried to shoot her for christ's sake. Be more understanding and appreciate the heroic actions of Zeke. He died a savior. That's the end of it." Caden says and that makes everyone shut their mouths.

The rest of the car ride was silent and everyone was suffering with their own thoughts.

......

We dropped off everyone at their own homes until it was just me and Caden. We were parked in front of my apartment and I finally let out all the emotions I have been holding back. I sob into my knees.

"Cad-en." I sob out and he shuts off the car. His arms wrap around me, the best it could, and he holds me until I didn't have any more tears to let out.

"He's dead Caden. He's fucking dead. No more. I won't get to see him every morning at school, he won't see me as a successful dancer or when I get married. He won't be getting that high paying job. He won't be taking anymore beautiful pictures... the world just lost a magnificent person." I frown at Caden and his eyes are watery.

"He was seriously a great guy." He looks away but I turn his face to face me. His face is tightened but I can still see the sadness that it holds.

"I'm so sorry that I took him away." I say sadly but he glares at me. I can't help but look away.