Chapter 51: Gender!

One...Two...Three!

I leap into the air and am able to land onto my feet. Hell yeah!

It's been 3 weeks since Caden's departure and I'm feeling more defeated. The first week was the worst, as I couldn't understand or comprehend how he left. I would keep imagining him coming out from different corners of the apartment or every time my phone rang I would pray that it's him.

That's still the case now but I'm learning to live a little more. Sadness didn't take my body in a whole and I'm so glad that Harper is always taking care of me, even if she has her own baby to take care of.

Harper's baby bump is growing each day and I can't help but feel excited for the new baby that is going to pop into our lives. Harper still feels sick, but not as much as before, which we are all grateful about.

My whole heart goes out to the baby as it is Harper's fifth month in pregnancy and the baby is doing so great.

And now, today is the big day as Harper is going to find out the gender of her baby and I am so fucking excited. Both her and Jerry had left early this Saturday morning to the doctors and I am literally shitting my pants. I have to keep dancing in order to release this excitement.

When I hear the doorbell ring I can't help but squeal.

I run over to the front door and when I open it my happiness dissolves as I find Harper's parents at the other side.

"Oh, hello, Mr. and Mrs. Collins." I say, confused and nervous. Were they supposed to come? Did Harper tell them? If not, holy shit, she is going to get in a lot of trouble.

"Hello Slovan, it's been so long. How have you been doing? I see this apartment looks nice and clean." Harper's mother says as she walks into the apartment. Her husband follows in after her and they both take a look around.

"Yeah, we both are really tidy people." I scratch the back of my head and pull out my phone to text Harper frantically.

Me: ABORT! ABORT! YOU'RE PARENTS ARE HERE!

Harper: I know. I should've told you earlier, but I was planning to tell them today. About the baby. I told them it was urgent so they had to come.

Me: SHIT! THEY GOING INTO THE ART ROOM! THEIR GOING TO SEE YOUR ART OF THE PREGNANT GIRL AND OF JERRY

Harper: STOP TEXTING AND STOP THEM

I didn't get to see Harper's last text as I rush over to them and block their path.

"Should I show you to the kitchen? I bet you both are really hungry after the long drive." I say and Mr. Collins chuckles.

"You know me dear." He says and Mrs. Collins elbows him.

"I'll have Harper show you these rooms when she gets back." I smile sweetly at Mrs. Collins and she nods calmly.

I bring them to the kitchen and start to look into the fridge. Shit. I forgot we don't even own any food to begin with. I pull out the half done packet of chocolate chip cookies and place it on the table. They both look at me in surprise and I let out a little laugh.

"I guess we forgot to do groceries ..." They both stare at me and I just give a nod, "Okay, I'll make you both some tea and order some pizza." I say and they both nod, knowing that that was probably the best option. Harper's dad starts to eat the cookies and Mrs. Collins elbows him again.

I can only assume Mrs. Collins was the boss of this relationship.

I quickly finish up with the tea and they both sip happily. Both parents were part of a good business and you could already tell as they were both wearing fancy clothing. Mr. Collins was wearing a tight business suit and his wife was wearing some dress pants with a beautiful silky shirt.