In a nearby Harbor Town....

"Ah! Is good! It's perfect, I'm telling you!" An old lady shouted. Katara shook a melon, her face unsure. It made a slightly off-putting swishing noise.
"I don't know if I like the sound of that swishing..."
"Swishing means it's ripe!" The old lady came around the stall, and my eyes almost popped out of my head for a second. She was like a fat little dwarf but without a beard. I had to stop myself from laughing, so instead, I made a choking, wheezing coughing sound. "It's the ripe juices swishing around, ha!"
"I think it's true, Katara!" Aang said happily. "Swishing means it's ripe!"
"Bro, you'd believe me if I told you I was a purple flying monkey and filled with candy." I retort, giving him a half-smile.

"I just realised we're out of money anyway," Katara said, sheepishly putting the melon back. Sokka came up behind, holding a basket filled with fruit. The lady gave an annoyed grunt and snatched the basket from Sokka. Then kicked him in the tush.
"Well, that was just uncalled for," I comment once we're a far enough distance from the crazy.
"Out of food and out of money. Now, what are we supposed to do?" Sokka complained, still rubbing his butt.
"You could get a job, smart guy," Katara said in a patronizing tone.

"WE SHOULDN'T GO OUT THERE!" Another crazy old lady. Joy of joys. "Please! The fish can wait." We all turn to watch the old lady shouting at an old man. Husband maybe? Most likely. "There's going to be a terrible storm!"
"Ah yer crazy!" The old man yells back. "It's a nice day, and there are no clouds in the sky!" The old lady is massaging her wrists like they hurt really badly. "And there's no wind, no nothing, so quit yer nagging woman!"
"Maybe we should find some shelter?" Aang says, his voice very hesitant.
"Are you kidding? Shelter from what?" Sokka questions, glancing up at the clear skies.
"I'm with Aang. Some old people have this special power to predict stuff like this." I say, nodding in the direction of the old lady.
"My joints say there's going to be a storm! A bad one..."

"Told ya," I say triumphantly. Sokka gives me a 'you gotta be kidding, right?' look. No Sokka. I'm not kidding.
"Well, it's your joints against my brain!" The old man snaps back.
"Then I hope your brains can find someone else to haul that fish cause I ain't coming!"
"Then I'll find a new fish haulier and pay 'em double what you get! How do you like that!?" Sokka starts running towards the squabbling duo.
"I'll go!"
"You're hired!" The old man grins back at his wife, who scowls at him.
"What?" Sokka asks, looking back at us. "You said to get a job. And he's paying double!"
"Double? Who told you that nonsense?" The old man asked, his grumpy face kinda comical. 

"Double of nothing is still nothing." I mutter to Katara and Aang. They both break into giggles, holding hands over their faces to try and contain it.