Every Boy- E.H.

y/n's pov

I am walking around the school back on the first day. I am a senior in high school. I I don't really have a lot of friends and not a lot of people to talk to, but I do catch the popular boys starring at me all of the time. My friends Christina and Jonah walk up to me.

"Y/n you won't believe what we just heard."  She smiles and she looks exited.

"Okay what is it?" I ask looking between the both of them.

"So you know the popular guy that sings and is your bio and spanish parter?" She asks and I nod instantly knowing it's Edwin she is talking about.

"Well he told his friends that he really liked you and thought you were cute." Jonah says. I blush and smile. "He aslo said he was going to the softball tournament tonight to see you play."

"Oh my gosh." I say smiling. I hug them and the bell rings meaning 3rd period. I have English with Edwin, Nick, and Jonah, but I'm not partners with any of them. I walk in and Mrs. Jacobs smiles at me.

"So today we will be partnering up for a creative writing assignment. You may pick your partners and good luck to all." She smiles and hands us the criteria paper. I look up at Jonah and see he is already partnered with Edwin. Nick strolls on over to me.

"Want to be my partner concidering both of our best friends bailed on us?" He smiles. I nod and he sits down. I am top of the class and Nick has the second highest grade. We have an hour and 20 minutes to finish this. About 30 minutes in Nick and I are almost all the way done. We finish with 20 minutes left and turn our paper in. "Hey I hear that there is a tournament tonight for the softball team."

"Yeah we play the first game and if we win we play the second and then if we win that one we play the third and then we get a break. It is a single elimination tournament. So if we loose we can't play again." Nick nods and smilies at me.

"Well I wish you the best of luck, especially aince you're the catcher and wear that gear all of the time." He says smiling while texting someone on his phone.

"Thanks." I smile and he puts his phone down.

"So what time?" He asks.

"Well at 5 throught whatever time they want. So I have to change into my uniform in 5th and go to practice before the tournament starts. Thank god it is here." I explain and he smiles.

"We'll be there cheering you on." He smiles and the bell for 4th rings.

I walk to bio and lucky me I have this class with Edwin, Brandon, and Zion. I sit at my table and Edwin walks and sits by me.

"Hey good luck at your tournament tonight." He says smiling. I smile back.

"Thanks. I hear you and your friends are going." I say while smiling. I see his cheeks go a pinkish color. We talk about random things until senior lunch bell rings and we get up and go to lunch.

"I've been meaning to tell you something for a while." He says playing with his fingers, while walking beside me. "I really like you and I wanted to know if you'd maybe be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I smile and he grabs my hand. We walk to lunch and get our lunch and I go sit with Christina, Jonah, James, and Jack. James and Jack are some of our other friends. I sit down and Jonah smirks.

"What are you so happy about?" He smiles and looks at me. I blush and smile. I see Edwin and his friends starring at me.

"Edwin may or may not have asked me to be his girlfriend." I smile and look down.

"That is so amazing. I am so happy for you." Christina says smiling. I smile at them and they all look really happy. We eat our lunch talking about homework and things like that until we have to go back to class. We don't have a lot of time after lunch so the teacher dosen't care what we do.

Brandon and Zion come to Edwin and I's table and talks to Edwin. The bell rings and we go to spanish. We sit down and Edwin smiles at me, because today we only watch a movie. Austin and Nick are also at our table. Jonah and James are at the table behind us and Christina and Jack are on the far side of the room.

The softball people are dismissed to change into their uniforms. I am number seven. When I get my uniform on I grab my softball bag and my school bag is already in the room. I walk back to class and sit down. Edwin texts me.

Edwin❣️-
You look amazing in that uniform😉

Y/n💕-
Thank you Edwin.

I smile and that class ends and I walk to the fields. The coach smiles and we run our daily laps and we practice taking the feild. Our hitting is already good. We sit down and wait for the other team and the start time. I see Edwin and his friends walk in and sit on the bleachers.

Skip tournament because I'm lazy af

We win by a lot in the end and I walk out to Edwin. He smiles and pulls me in a hug.

"Wow you were amazing. I have something for you in my car." He says and we walk down there. I see a huge teddy bear, flowers, and chocolate. I smile and hug him.

"I thought you were just like every other boy, but no. You're amazing. Thank you so much Edwin." I say hugging him. When we pull away he stares at my lips and we both lean in without realizing it and we kiss.

"I'm not like every boy."

________________________________

Published on- June 25, 2018

1022 words