Excuses- E.H.

Yn's pov

I walk down the hallway of my ignorant school with my earbuds in I feel someone tap my shoulder. I roll my eyes and continue my walk to CCR.

I sit down and wait on the teacher to give instrusction. I feel a tap on my shoulder again. I pause my music, Babylon by 5sos, and look at the person.

"Gosh what do you want?" I turn to the person to be faced with Edwin Honoret and his "crew" behind him.

"To talk geeze." He puts his hands up in surrender. I nod to the seat next to me and he gladly sits down.

"So what do you need? The answers to the homework, the notes that you should have copied from yesterday, or the answers to the text you have in 3rd today?" I ask him based off of previous questions he asks me like this.

"Nome of that actually, I just wanted to talk.
I think you are really cool and I wanted to be friends." He shrugs. I slightly nod.

"Fine Honoret, what do you want to talk about?" I ask turning my attention towards him once again.

"Why did you ignore me in the hallway?" He asks with a confused look on his face.

"1. I didn't know it was you and 2. I wasn't trying to be late to CCR." I explain myself as he makes the "O" sound. I nod and he looks around.

"Why are you so stand offish?" He asks. Private much? I nod the thoughts off and answer.

" I choose to not be friends with people here, because they all do something stupid. My best friend moved three months ago. I just don't think I can find another superior friend like her." I shrug and Edwin looks at me intriuged.

"I might not be as smart or as serious as her, but I think we could be friends if you wanted to. I'd really like to be friends." He says smiling.

"Okay cool." I say not really caring. The bell rings and I leave and go to 1st period. I sit down and go through the day.

————The end of the day—————-

"Hey Y/n!" I hear Edwin yell. I take my earbuds out and turn to look at him. He is walking up to me. His friends all stop following and go to their lockers.

I stop and let him catch up.

"What is it Edwin?" I ask and put my phone in my pocket and my earbuds in the side pocket of my backpack.

"Wanna hang out later?" He asks. I think of an excuse quickly.

"I have homework." I blurt out. He looks comfused.

"It's friday." He says. I think of another excuse quickly.

"I know, but I need to study." I say and he nods.

"Okay I understand." He says. I walk away and go home. I walk in my house and put my backpack in my room. I call out for my parents and they aren't here.

I walk downstairs and see a note on the counter from my parents.

Madison,
Your father and I have meetings in New York amd will be gone for about a week. We left you our back up bank card for money.

X- Mom and dad

I nod and walk back upstairs. I get bored and think about going put and doing something
tonight. I text my other friend Savanna.

Me- hey wanna go somewhere later? Maybe the ice skating place.

Her and I always went with Drew, our best friend that moved, all of the time.

Savanna- sure we can go around 6 tonight.

Me- okay see you then

It is about 4:56 at the moment so I just watch tv until about 5:15.

I get dressed into a pair of ripped jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I put on my slides and grab my wallet, phone, and keys. I drive to Savanna's house and pick her up. On the way she plugs her phone up to the aux cord and plays music.

We sing along to "I write sins not tradgies", "In my blood", and "Babylon" until we get there. We get out of the car laughing and walk in.

"Y/n and Savanna, I haven't seen you girls since Drew moved." The check in guy says. Since we used to come here all the time they know who we are.

"Yeah we missed this place and we were pretty bored so we came to our favorite place." I smile and we pay for our admission. We get in and get our skates. While we are putting them on a voice I know starts talking.

"I thought you had to study?" The voice asks. I immeaditly recognize it's Edwin. I roll my eyes and turn around facing him.

"I made an excuse, okay?" I say while tying the skates.

"Why?" He asks. I look down.

"Normally if you ask a girl to hang out with you, you always do something with them. I hear the girls talk about it in the locker room all the time and if you've forgotten you also hung out with my best friend Drew." I say upset. I look beside of me to see Savanna with Brandon, one of Edwin's friends, who also happens to be her crush.

"Well I'm not trying to be like that with you. I actually want to be friends so please." He says lookimg into my eyes. He is so cute. No y/n stop yourself from thinking this.

"Fine, but if I don't like anything you say we can't be friends." I say and he smirks.

"Well concidering that Brandon and Savanna like each other it looks as if we might have to get over ourselves and be friends." He smirks. I see Savanna and Brandon kissing.

"Fine." I say and we go out on the ice. We just slowly skate and talk.

"So why do you want to be friends with me?" I ask him. He smiles and looks at me.

"I just think I should give people a try before I judge them." He says. I nod and he asks me a question.

"Why don't you want to be friends with me?" He asks curiously.

"I have only ever heard bad things about you, so I chose to stay away." I explain and he nods.
I get carried away answering his questions and realize how late it is.

"Hey Edwin, its late I should probably get Sav home and go home myself." I say getting off of the ice.

"Okay I'll see you later, excuses." He smirks. I take Sav home and I go home.

________________________________

8/25/18

1120 words