Perfect Boy~ N.M.

Y/n's pov

"Mommmmmmy!" I hear my four year old boy, Osiris, yell. I quickly walk into his room.

"Yes Osiris?" I ask him. He smiles and does grabby hands. I pick him up and he wraps his little arms around my neck. His first day of  preschool was last week and he wasn't to great with it. He hated it and still does.

"Can we go out and get food?" He asks. I chuckle and nod. He gets down and points at his drawers. I pick out some khakis and a shirt that says 'mamas baby' on it. He slips his shoes on and watches cartoons till I finish.

I finish and grab my phone, keys, and Osiris. We go out to the car and I put him in his booster seat.

"Thank you mommy." He smiles as I buckle him in. He likes our house and our car. Since I work a really high paying job in biology I have a lot of spending money.

"What do you want to eat baby?" I ask him. He thinks for a minute and then shouts.

"Nuggets and mac&cheese." He smiles. I know he likes going to the local diner.

I park and get him out. Looking at the diner reminds me of my teenage days with Nick Mara. Running around with the love of my life. I sigh and we walk in and order at the front.

The woman smiles and hands me out cups. Osiris insists to hold his so I let him as I'm paying and when I look down to see him, he isn't there.

Nick's pov

"Hello sir. My name is Osiris and I'm four years old. My mommy calls me perfect boy though." He smiles. I bend down to his level and look around him to see no woman.

"Osiris, where is your mother?" I ask him. As if my thoughts are interrupted.

"Osiris?" A woman's voice comes from around the corner. She sees him and let's out a sight of relief. "Perfect boy."

"Mommy, I met this nice man." He points at me. I smile at her she smiles at me and it looks oddly familiar.

"Hey, I'm y/n. Thank you for not kidnapping my son. He likes to roam and talk to new people."

Y/n. She has a son. Oh my god.

"I'm Nick, can I have your number?" I ask her she nods and puts it in my phone. They fix their cups and walk off.

I walk back to the boys and Brandon looks at me.

"Who was that?" He asks while picking at his food.

"Y/n." I mumble. His eyes go wide and the guys start listening.

"No shit? Like high school, four years ago, ex fiancée, Y/n?" Brandon asks. I nod.

"She didn't seem to know it was me though." I tell him. He nods and pats my back.

"Are you going to tell her?" He asks.

"I got her number and I'm planning on trying to talk to her tonight." I tell him. He nods and we leave.

Y/n's pov

He seemed too familiar. I shake the thought and the waiter brings our food. I sit Osiris' plate down in front of him and he starts eating immediately. I giggle and start eating my burger too.

"Mommy, can you wipe my mouth?" He asks. I pick up a napkin and wipe his mouth.

We eat and talk about why preschool was so bad and I feel so bad for him. My mom texts and asks if she can keep Osiris tonight.

"Osiris, wanna go see mamaw and papaw?" I ask. He smiles and nods. He loves them.

I smile and take him home and fix his bag. I then run him to mom and dads.

"Thank you, I can just have a rest night tonight." I tell my mother as Osiris hugs me and runs inside to dad.

"No problem baby. We love to keep Osiris." She smiles and hugs me.

"Bye baby!" I yell for Osiris. He hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"Bye mommy." He smiles and rubs back to them. I close the door and drive home.

•A couple hours later•

***-***-***~
Hey, it's Nick from the restaurant. Can we meet up?

Y/n-
Yeah sure. You can come over because Osiris is at my parents.

Nick-
Okay, sounds great. What's your address?

Y/n-
1573 Fairway Drive (this was a random address)

Nick-
Alright, see you soon.

I put my phone down and change clothes into some leggings and a shirt. I put my hair up and take my makeup off and that's when the door was nocked on. 

"Hey." I smile and open the door.

"This is a beautiful house." He tells me as I let him in. I thank him and we sit down on the couch in the main room.

"So, how are you?" I ask him. He smiles and looks at me.

"I'm pretty good, you?" He asks with a smug smile. That's the same smile my Nick used to wear.

"Osiris is at my parents soooo a free night is pretty good." I tell him with a smile.

"Does Osiris have a dad?" He asks. I tense up and shake my head no.

"He doesn't. He didn't know that I was pregnant when he left me. His name was Nick. He was my high school sweetheart and my fiancé. We got in a really dumb argument that I regret and he left. A couple months later I figured out I was pregnant and now here I am." I give him a small smile.

He looks up and then I realize. Nick. My Nick. He looks at me as if he knew. This is crazy.

"Y/n, I had no idea. I'm so sorry." He pleads.

"Nick, why are you back?" I ask. He folds his hands.

"After I left , I pursued my dreams as an artist. I got paired with 4 other guys and we have a band called prettymuch. Now I'm back because we have a show here. I didn't know you were still here but I don't regret bumping back into you." He explains. I look down.

"I-I missed you all these years but my four year old son has been without a father and when he asks me where is daddy my heart just breaks." I tell him. He looks down.

"I'll do anything to fix it. I love you and the two minutes I spent with him made me love him too. I felt a connection to him. He looks like me and when I saw you it made sense." He explains. I shake my head and stand up

"It'll take time to fix..."

________________________________

12/11/19

1130 words