43. Some Realisation, Insecurities, Fears and Confessions |Part 1|Redux|

Story Narration: 3rd Person.
Main Protagonists: Shivaay Singh Oberoi x Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi.
Based on the night Jhanvi had brought Annika to Shivaay's room which is the night after the pool scene as well.

Annika stirred in her sleep as she felt a sudden rush of thirst engulf her soul and she opened her eyes to look at a different ceiling as compared to the one she usually woke up from the past few days. Confused she wonder for a bit and then realisation hit her that she is sleeping in Shivaay's room. Most probably her husband's room who isn't ready to accept his feeling for her as well as her as his wife.

God! This man is so confusing!

She sighed, a deep one as she turned to look at the couch In a hope to see him but to her utter dissatisfaction as well worry he was nowhere to be seen.

He was sleeping there right? Then where he might have been at this time of night?

Well, it's so that since Jhanvi and Tej returned to the Mansion and they had made them believe that they are a happily married couple - even if all the efforts were made from her side - they just can't sleep in different room. It's not like they couldn't, they would have, she might have a rendezvous to the room which connected it with the pool side every night and come here the next morning earlier but staying with him and annoying him to an extend that make him look so cute was something she was looking forward to, so she never dare to give any suggestion as to how they will sleep beside she was more glad that Shivaay didn't objected much, just few, how this can be possible and stuffs and then at the end they ended up together.

Later when they were alone in this room, the one question which was disturbing them was how to sleep, Annika had offered him that he can take the bed and she might take the cough but he had straight away refused saying he isn't letting a woman sleep on the couch when there is a bed. She had just rolled her eyes at his I-am-a-gentleman-and-I-don't-give-a-damn-about-my-comfort attitude and feeling concern about him had offered him that they can share the bed but he had refused to it much quicker then the previous time. Muttering some incoherent word to himself, he helped himself with a pillow and a blanket and started making space on the cough.

She dare to think that he was blushing, brushing her stupid thoughts she persuaded him one more time that if he is thinking that she isn't comfortable with this then it's not true she genuinely feel like they should share the bed but his answer was a perfect spelled out N-O and a dangerous glare while his face was all red. She had just made faces at him and cursing him under her breath- as she was a fool concerning about him - slept without exchanging any more word.

Shivaay had just sigh in relief as he lay down on the couch and stared at the ceiling for a good few minutes wondering the possibilities of them sleeping together and his hands as well his heart not able to control themselves and later on ending them in a more messier-awkward situation which they were already in.

He had a good control over his mind and heart but wherever she is near to him he might loose his ability to think properly. His heart and mind seems to be in some other world and he just can't take any risk being this close to her at any cost.

What if he did something he would regret later? No this isn't happening anywhere soon!

Last night wasn't enough that he will add more to his list of embarrassing moment with her, sighing he let the thought of being this close to her wash his senses while her scent filling his always gloomy room make him feel light headed as he went into a deep slumber peacefully after a long time.

The last time she had seen was him sleeping peacefully, but now what had happen that he isn't there? The desire of thirst long lost, she stood up and went to see the bathroom if he's there but he wasn't. Something uneasy crept her mind as she thought of the possibilities of where he might be, maybe he was just uncomfortable sleeping there and went to some other room or maybe he is in some danger? But why would be he in some danger being in his own house? Or worst, Is he a serial killer going around the city at night and killing people? Her thought wonder to the wildest possibilities and she chidded herself for being a nervous wreck.