45. The Wedding Dress

| REDUX |

Can I just say This particular shot took me a decade to update even if it was uselessly sitting in my drafts for god knows how long? Well, never mind! Here is it, which is nothing but a piece of confused shit because I don't know why I wrote this and what I wrote. Hope you'll enjoy it!

~_~_~

Annika looked at the wedding attire, which to her dismay belonged to her and was a wedding gift from her new friend as it was made clear earlier today when a person had delivered a stack of boxes of expensive jewels and a wedding Attire wrapped beautifully in a white rectangle shaped box with beautiful carving to the Mansion on her name.

She was shocked, she couldn't put a finger over the thought who must have purchased those million worth stuffs on her name, she can never even think of buying those stuffs for herself even in her wildest dreams but then the main blow came, the delivery boy had said the payment was paid by the Oberoi Groups of Company, perhaps by the Great Shivaay Singh Oberoi who was nowhere to be seen from the morning, maybe he might be 'busy' with his new friend wedding preparation as he always says whenever she want to have a talk with him.

Sighing deeply she swayed her palm over the hand painted and hand embroidery, off white bridal lehenga with flowery patches of flush pink and peace colour zardozi, French knot and pearl detail. She had only dreamed of such a beautiful bridal attire and her friend had made sure that it is being fulfilled without even knowing her thought process.

The jewellery box comprised of beautifully layered uncut diamond necklaces detailed with green emeralds, tourmalines and boroque with yellow sapphire beads hanging at the end of the piece of jewellery gave it a royal, classic look along with heavy jhumka's adorned with uncut diamonds, green emeralds and yellow sapphires. The view of it only traumatised her to no extend because of it's perfection and heaviness. She wonder how will she able to handle such a thing? She wasn't worthy of wearing such inquisitive pieces of stones and diamonds. But as soon as her eyes went towards the small blue colour note, struck over the white box, displaying - As I have said, I will make your wedding the most memorable one, so it's my humble request, please accept this small gift from your friend because I know you will refuse it - in a beautiful handwriting which most probably belonged to her Friend, Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

Damn! why he need to do this?

Why all of this is irritating her?

Why she want to call off the wedding?

Why there is a feeling that this isn't right? Why?

Lots of questions erupted in her mind but there was no answers to those confusing questions. Still lost, she just sat on her messy bed which was covered with innumerable jewels and clothes.

The knock on the door made her conscious of her surrounding and she was back to earth from her land of mess, "Annika, I think you should try the dress once, because there might be some faults in the size and stuffs. It might be easier for giving it for alteration before the wedding" Priyanka said as a matter-of-factly, making the said bride gaze at her blankly.

What the hell is happening over here? Why she isn't excited about her wedding which is tomorrow and the preparations and clothes and jewels? Why?

"Annika!?" Priyanka clicked her fingers in front of a lost Annika and she just jerked in response.

"There will be no time for altering, we need to do it today! Understood?"

"Ye-yeah, No. I mean" trying her best to smile with all her might she looked at the clothes, "Let's do this"

An hour later, Annika sat in front of the mirror decked up in her bridal lehenga and those extremely heavy jewellery which seemed to leave a crack over her neck the next minute and looked at herself. Who was she? She means what she had become? She looked different. Do all these expensive stuffs really change a person's appearance? Does it?