FOURTEEN

As the light drained away, there was barely enough left to cast shadows. A slither of light forcing its way through the closed curtains allowed only the smallest shadows to be cast in the dark room. For some, the blackness would cast terror through their body making their imagination run wild, thinking that something lurked hidden in the blanket of darkness. Of course the room hid something terrible, something that would make a mere humans blood run cold and a painful scream to burst from their lungs if they were to ever meet the very demon that many feared.

But the demon humans feared sat beside someone that had captured his heart unknowingly. His long, slender fingers stroking his chin slowly as he watched the human in her slumber. The devil frowned at how her face looked so peaceful, like she hadn't wanted to end her life in such a manner. Her face portrayed no pain or sorrow, not even her breaths were ragged. She seemed at peace after the healer had worked his magic. The deep lacerations on her arms were healed and showed no sign of her attempted suicide. Her skin was smooth and flawless, making the devil wonder how someone so beautiful could want to cause harm to herself.

He didn't want to believe that this was his fault but he knew the human wanted to die because of her parents promise to his father. No one would want to live after being told they were promised to the next king of Hell. Demons feared the king as he was ruthless and punished any demon who tried to dethrone him. But he had grown soft and his friend had started to notice the kings change. He was unsure on how long it would take for the enemies to realise that he had become weak. They knew about the human girl, but only 3 knew of her whereabouts. Now that they had escaped and no demon knew of their location, it was sure to bring bloodshed and death.

The devil looked up as the door was pushed open and his friend walked in, holding a takeaway cup of tea. The demon walked towards the bed and handed his king the tea. After what his slave had told him about mugs, he made his demon go to the human world to buy him tea from shops. The devil didn't want to drink from dirty mugs. Takeaway cups were more than enough for him.

"Has she stirred?" Jimin asked.

"No" Hoseok sniffed his tea "What is this?"

"I think the human girl called it Earl Grey"

Hoseok sipped it and spat it back out "How disgusting. Get me something better than this. I've not tasted something so vile since I ate that guy's head"

Jimin chuckled "Good thing I got you another one then. Yoongi has it"

"And who is Yoongi?" Hoseok said, watching Hana's chest drop slightly "Why hasn't she woken?"

"I'll ask the healer" Jimin said "And Yoongi is one of your new slaves"

"Slave 2?"

"I think so, but I prefer to call them by their names"

Hoseok snorted "Of course you do. You're too nice. Bring me the healer"

"Maybe you should get some sleep" Jimin said "You've been awake for a while watching her"

"I need to make sure-"

"If she wakes up with you watching her, she is going to freak out. Remember she doesn't know she was brought to Hell. I think her friends should be in here when she wakes up"

"If she wakes up" Hoseok said getting to his feet "If I find out the healer is an enemy, he will wish that he had never gone against me. I will bring death to everyone who dares cross me"

Jimin smiled at his king "I wouldn't expect anything else your highness, but you should really get some sleep"

Hoseok shooed Jimin away, and was left to look at Hana. She had been lying in this bed since she had got to Hell and not moved or shown any signs of waking. It worried Hoseok but he refused to acknowledge that emotion. Along with fear and love, it confused him. Never once had he feared something and when he found Hana bleeding from her wrists and slowly slipping away, the emotion forced its way to the surface. Hoseok didn't know what love felt like, but every time he saw or thought of Hana, butterflies attacked his stomach but, he put it down to being hungry and not taking enough souls.

Yoongi and Taehyung were told to lock the door behind them and not let anyone in. Not even Hoseok or Jimin. Hoseok didn't want any demons mimicking their voices and stealing Hana from under his nose. And, even though he didn't want to admit it, he didn't want his two slaves to be killed or taken. They had their uses and Hoseok wasn't through with them just yet. He knew that the two humans wouldn't be able to live in the human world again but he still had to explain the reasons. They only thought that if they were to go too far away from Hana, they would die. This was true but he wasn't sure how to tell them the truth. 

He never had to be honest with anyone, especially a human.

Hoseok walked through his castle, his demon servants bowing their heads as he walked by them. He didn't bother acknowledging them as he didn't have a reason to talk to them. All he knew, was that they were loyal and wouldn't do anything against him. Hoseok didn't treat them as badly as he could. They were safe in the castle against other rouge demons and guards stood around the castle protecting Hoseok and those inside. 

Hoseok stood in a tower looking our across his kingdom. Hell had a red tint to the sky constantly, but once the sun had set the red glow become blood red and darkness spread all over, shadows lurking around every corner. Hell was similar to the human world, it was just full of death, demons and prisons for those who deserved to be punished for the bad they had done in the human world.

Hoseok ruled Hell. He was the King. In each part of hell, there were lower levelled devils ruling. He lived in the north and was seen as a place where stronger demons lived. They had to be if the King was living there. The South was ruled by a demon that didn't speak as much as a leader should, but he was feared. The West was ruled by a demon that didn't stop talking and was loved by most demons. The East were full of rouge demons. Demons that didn't want to follow any rules. Many of the wars in hell were caused by the east.

The east wanted Hana because they knew it was the only way to take down Hoseok. The demons that had killed Hana's parents were from the east and the one to help his friends escape the cell they were locked up in.

Hoseok knew that if the east found out that Hana was in hell, they would do anything to try and get their claws into her. He knew he had to protect her even if she didn't want him anywhere near her. She was promised to him and it was going to stay that way. There hadn't been a blood contract that was broken and didn't end up in death.

Hoseok turned and wandered back to his room, knowing that Seokjin would be making plans to attack his palace or the house in the human world. The two devils had never gotten on, ever since they were young. Seokjin was after Hana and Hoseok wasn't going to let that happen.

And he wasn't going to give her up to his older brother.