FORTY-SIX

Hoseok took Hana's hands but she tried to snatch them back, but Hoseok held on tight.

"No" She cried "I don't want to hurt you"

Hoseok smiled gently at her and placed her hands on his cheeks. He stared into her watery eyes and her bottom lip started to tremble.

"Your flames will not harm me" He said quietly "They will not harm that stupid friend of yours. They are not dangerous"

"But-"

"Hana" He said running his thumbs over the backs of her hands, letting the flames lick at his bare skin "Blue flames show your hidden emotions. You may have felt anger, but sadness is stronger. I can feel your sadness more than your anger"

"H-how do I get rid of them?"

"Take a deep breath" Hoseok smiled "You are still a newly formed demon and you have a lot to learn, but for now...just take a deep breath and look at me. Ok?"

"D-did I burn Taehyung?"

"Why the fuck should you care?" Jimin hissed pulling Taehyung to his feet "Hoseok, what shall I do with this bug?"

"Lock him away in the dungeon" Hoseok said, not taking his eyes from Hana.

"You-" Hana began.

"You haven't take a deep breath Hana" Hoseok said "Your friend won't be harmed. Even if he is a piece of shit"

"I'm not brainwashed" Hana whispered "Am I?"

Hoseok frowned "What do you mean?"

"You aren't tricking me are you?"

"Now why would I want to do that?" Hoseok said "If you didn't love me then...let's not talk about that. Just look at me and take a deep breath. Calm down and we can talk...ok?"

Hana nodded but her eyes trailed to where Jimin was. She watched as Jimin dragged Taehyung after him, kicking and screaming about how the demons had brainwashed her into thinking she was in love.

"Look at me" Hoseok said "Ignore him. This is more important"

Hana nodded and took a deep, shaky breath. Her body shook slightly and she tried to ignore the flames kissing her skin. Soon after, they slowly faded away and Hoseok pulled her into a hug, rubbing the back of her head, soothing her as she cried.

"I don't know why I'm crying"

"I don't know either" Hoseok said and looked at Buttons, who was just growling at the empty space where Taehyung had been standing "Maybe it's because you are a peasant"

Hana felt a laugh bubble in the pit of her stomach and she stepped away, wiping her tears away.

"Hoseok, do you know what was wrong with Taehyung?"

Hoseok shrugged "No and why would I care?"

"He's my friend"

"A friend would never ask why they didn't succeed in killing themselves" Hoseok said and Hana pressed her lips together "Just forget about him. He isn't important right now"

"Ok" Hana said, barely above a whisper.

"Bee. I know you are there" Hoseok said and Bee stepped out from behind a bush "Yoongi, do you really think I can't smell you?"

"Shit" Yoongi said "I thought I had aced that lesson"

"You still have a lot to learn" Hoseok muttered "Yoongi. Instead of practising to cover your scent, take your friend inside and make her something"