THIRTY-EIGHT

Jin stared in shock as he saw his sword sticking out of Hana's back. Her once red dress now soaked with blood, making the colour seem almost black. His heart was in his throat and he had an emotion that he had never felt before.

Guilt.

He watched as his brother screamed and cried for Hana. Jin forced himself forward and he reached for Hana, but Hoseok turned on him, pinning him to the floor by his throat.

"You bastard!" Hoseok roared "You fucking bastard!"

"I-I didn't mean to!" Jin screamed "I didn't! It was meant for you!"

"You wanted her dead, don't fucking lie to me"

Jin shook his head as much as he could "I didn't! The sword was meant for you...I promise. Why would I want her dead?"

Hoseok watched as tears poured from his brothers eyes, but his anger was too strong to care for anything Jin said. Hoseok looked over at Jimin who was staggering over to them, supported by Taehyung and Yoongi. Bee was behind them, carrying the head of the beast that they had fought. 

"Jimin" Hoseok cried and Bee knelt on Jin's chest, holding a dagger against his closed eye "He stabbed her!"

Jimin collapsed onto the floor beside Hana and put his hand to her forehead "She's alive. Just about"

"What do I do?" Hoseok cried "I got her killed"

"Hoseok, she isn't dead...just yet. We still have a chance to save her" Jimin said "Fuck. I can't carry her Hoseok"

"I-I'll do it" Taehyung said going to lift her up but Hoseok growled at him "Hoseok, we have to do something!"

Hoseok swiped at his tears and nodded "J-Jimin how do I get the sword out?"

Jimin spat out blood and used the back of his hand to wipe his blood that was trickling into his eyes "I'll take it out. Yoongi, are you able to use your hand?"

"Yeah" Yoongi said, limping over "Just about"

"Good" Jimin winced as he moved his hands to the sword "I'm going to pull this out, and you are going to use you hand to compress the hole in her back. Can you do that?"

"S-sure" Yoongi said, as the colour went from his face "I, uh, I'm not...I'm not good with b-blood"

"You don't have to be" Bee said, pressing harder on Jin's chest "Just pretend it's something else"

Yoongi shook his head "I'm sorry...I can't do it!"

"This isn't the time to be a pussy" Bee hissed "That's your friend and if you want her to live, then you have to grow some balls and not let your fear take over"

"Can we swap?" 

Bee sighed "It's a good thing you're cute. Buttons! Sit on this bastard and make sure he doesn't try to escape"

Buttons jumped onto Jin and snarled into his face. Bee walked over to Yoongi and grabbed his hand.

"We'll do it together" She said softly "You're a demon now, Yoongi. Not a human"

"I know" Yoongi muttered.

"Ready?" Jimin said, grabbing the sword. As he tugged on it, Hana screamed out in pain making their blood run cold "I'm sorry Miss Hana"

Hoseok grabbed hold of her hand as she cried and screamed in pain. He squeezed his eyes shut trying to block out the screams of pain. 

"You need to carry her" Taehyung said "You can do that flashy thing and appear back in your castle, right?"

Hoseok shook his head "No...I'm weak right now. I can't"

"We can get back to the North with the Kludde" Bee said, still holding her and Yoongi's hand to the large hole "It's the quickest way"

Hoseok nodded "C-call them"

Jimin whistled loudly making Taehyung and Yoongi wince, and there were a few loud howls and a group of the Kludde's smashed their way into the room.

"Bee, you take Yoongi and Jin with you" Jimin said "Taehyung, you can be with me. Hoseok, are you able to ride with her?"

"I would do anything for her" Hoseok whispered pulling his ripped shirt off. He pressed it to her wound and Jimin quickly tied it to her, with the tie now hanging loosely around his neck "We need to hurry"

Hoseok lifted Hana into his arms just to see her eyes roll into the back of her head. His head began to panic and with the last batch of strength he had, he pulled himself onto his Kludde.

"We don't stop for anything" Hoseok said, "This battle has been won. Any demons stupid enough to carry on fighting will only be killed or thrown to the pits"

"Yes your highness" Bee said and a messenger crow landed on her arm "Did you hear that? Get the news spread"

The crow shot off and Hoseok looked down at Hana, curled up tightly on his lap. He motioned for his Kludde to move and he brushed Hana's bloody hair from her face.

"Don't worry" He whispered "You will live. Even if that means me giving my life to you. I will not let you die"

"N-no" Hana said, barely above a whisper "You will not die for me"

"Then you will need to keep those eyes open for me" Hoseok said and the Kludde pushed itself from the floor, flying high into the dark skies of Hell.

Hana nodded "H-hey Hoseok?"

"Yes, my queen?"

"D-did you hear w-what I said?"

Hoseok managed a smile "I did. It was what made me fight for control again"

"G-good" She said on a short breath of air "I-I guess y-you don't n-need me to hear it again"

"Don't worry Hana. When you are healed, I will be expecting you to say it all the time" Hoseok pressed a soft kiss to her head "I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"Not being able to protect you"

"Y-you don't need to say sorry" Hana said closing her eyes "At least I got to see y-your crying face"

Hoseok shook his head and held her tighter as his Kludde swooped low. The rush of wind hit Hoseok's burning face and he welcomed the sudden temperature change. After letting his inner monster out, he welcomed anything cold but when he felt Hana's body heat lower, he knew he was starting to lose her.

And he wasn't going to let his brother kill the woman he loved.