FIFTY-FIVE

Hoseok paced back and forth, watching Hana and Jimin to see if any progress had been made.

"Why is this taking so long?" He snapped and Yongguk looked up at him "Well?"

"Your highness, this is a difficult and slightly dangerous-"

"Why the fuck haven't they woken up?"

Yongguk looked back at Jimin who was starting to shake "It looks like he is fighting. I can't be sure who he is fighting but it's someone strong"

Jimin yowled in pain as his spine hit the tree first, and he almost folded around it before crashing to the floor. He bit into his lip to stop himself from crying out in pain as he got to his feet. He glanced at the wrist that had been snapped but he gritted his teeth and yanked it back into position. The sickening snap of bones going back into place made his stomach churn, but he couldn't let himself go down again.

Hana needed him and she was kneeling on the floor, blood splattered across her face. Her eyes were wide as she watched her mum fight Jimin. Hana hadn't moved since they had started fighting but Jimin knew he had to move quick to make sure the dream world didn't collapse on itself.

"Why haven't they woken up?" Bee asked "Jimin has been in there a long time now. Is Hana really caught up in her own dream that she doesn't want help?"

"It's hard to say Bee" Yongguk said "Does she have any family in the human world?"

"No" Hoseok said "Her parents were murdered by Jin"

"I see" Yongguk said "Then we may have more of a problem than I originally thought"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Taehyung asked "Are they both going to live or not?"

"That all depends on Hana" He said "If Hana can remember the death of her parents, then Jimin will stand a chance. If she does not, then I am sorry to say that they will both die"

Jimin ducked as Hana's mum tried to slice him with the claws that had now made an appearance. He was getting beaten badly, but he still refused to go down. He had one goal and that was to bring Hana back to Hoseok. It didn't matter if he was broken and bloody, Hana was the important one.

"Miss Hana!" He shouted and tried to run over to her "Please, remember how your parents died!"

"You fool!" Her mum hissed "Does it look like I have died?"

Jimin grunted as she slammed her fist into his stomach, dropping him to the floor. He looked up at Hana who was staring at him with wide eyes. She parted her lips to speak, but no sound came out. Either she had no words or they were lost in the howling of the wind.

"Miss Hana" Jimin said quietly "Your parents were killed. Please remember"

"She won't listen to you" 

Jimin looked up at Hana's mum "I don't know who you are but you are not her mother"

She chuckled "You must be very stupid. Of course I am her mother and I am here to keep my family together. She will die and we will be a happy family again. Isn't that right sweetie?"

Hana looked up at her and then at Jimin "Jimin...what is going on?"

"Don't talk to him!"

"But I'm so confused!" Hana screamed "Why are you doing this? You are hurting him!"

"That's because he is trying to take you away from me, sweetie" She said "I won't let a demon ruin our happy little family. It has happened before and I won't allow it to happen again"

"Mum...please, don't hurt him!"

"I have no choice"

Hana slowly got to her feet as her mum grabbed Jimin by the throat. He looked over at her with pure desperation.

"I think it's time to die" She chuckled "Hana, you stay over there while I kill him. I no longer want to keep him with us"

A whimper forced it's way from Jimin and Hana's lips, making everyone look over at them.

"What is happening?" Yoongi asked "Oh my god! They are both bleeding!"

"Shit" Yongguk said "Get out the room"

"No. I'm not leaving" Hoseok said "What is going on?"

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry your highness" Yongguk said, taking Jimin and Hana's hand in his "I believe that we have run out of time"

Hana staggered forward as her mum slashed at Jimin's face. He screamed in pain and his blood poured from the deep gashes in his face. Blood pooled at their feet and Hana carried on walking forward.

"Mum" She said "Please stop this"

"Stay away Hana!" Her mum yelled "This is what you want. You want our family to be together again"

"Yes but-"

"Then this is the only way" She said "Jimin will die and then we can be a happy family again. I won't let another demon take this away from me"

"Stop!" Hana screamed and ran forward, ripping Jimin from her mum's hand. They fell to the floor and Hana hugged him tightly, rocking back and forward "You have to stop this. Jimin has done nothing wrong"

"Demons deserve to die" She growled "Look at what they did to you. They took you from me and-"

"No" Hana whispered "They didn't take me from you"

"Miss Hana" Jimin choked "Please remember...that isn't your mum"

Hana hugged Jimin tighter and refused to look up at the figure standing before her. She squeezed her eyes shut and ignored the words she was hearing. The ground shook beneath her and her head felt like it was going to explode.

"Miss Hana" Jimin said, choking on his own blood "Remember. Please"

Hoseok dropped to his knees, gripping his hair and screaming out in agony as he watched his friend and his love take their last breath. 

The room shook violently and things crashed to the floor. Windows shattered sending shards of glass spiralling around the room, until they circled him like a twister of pure anger and heartbreak.

Bee moved quickly and got Taehyung and Yoongi out of the room before they were caught up in the mess Hoseok was causing. Yongguk was quick to follow and Bee watched Hoseok from the safety of the hallway.

She watched as her king's heart shattered and warm tears slowly fell down her cheek at the loss of her brother and friend.