You meet for the first time

It had been a long day and all you wanted was to get home. You unfortunately had more work to do at home on your computer and you were so exhausted that you knew you wouldn't be able to make it any longer that day without coffee. You decided to stop at Starbucks, little did you know that day would begin the rest of your life.

While your coffee was getting made you decided to sit down and relax for a few minutes. You had been working so hard lately and you were so stressed. You sat there with your head in your hands, your fingers pulling at your hair from time to time. Suddenly you felt someone tap your shoulder making you jump. "Oh sorry! That woman up there had been calling for you for a couple minutes now but you must've been lost in your own little world." She handed you your coffee and smiled at you softly. You looked up at her and admired her facial features. She had such beautiful brown eyes and her smile was breathtaking. That was when you recognized her... it was Selena Gomez.

You stared at her for a few seconds more before you shook your head, snapping out of your daze. "Oh yeah, sorry about that. Uh thank you for bringing this to me." "Of course..." "y/n." "Right... y/n. Beautiful name." "Oh thanks." "And you are?" She was taken aback by that question, a smile appearing on her face as she stared at you. "Selena." "I uh, I was just kidding. I know who you are..." "oh, alright then. Do you... want me to sign something, or?" "What? No, no. That's really very nice of you, I'll admit I freaked out a bit once I realized who you are but i also know you're just a human being like me. I don't want you to sign anything." "Really? Well that's nice, y/n." You two stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before you cleared your throat. "Um well, it was so very nice meeting you but I have a lot of work to do so I really do need to get going." "Oh, right. Yeah, of course. But before you go, are you single, by chance?" "Extremely." You both laughed a little as Selena pulled out her phone. "Well so am I but I really like you and maybe I don't wanna be so single anymore..?" She trailed off as if it were a question, almost like she was trying to ask you for permission to say that. You realized what she was hinting at and you smiled, grabbing her phone and typing in your number with a little name and a heart emoji. "See you around Selena." "I sure hope so!" You giggled as you walked to your car, the reality of the situation hitting you and making you giggle in disbelief. Suddenly your phone chimed, a message from Selena popping up. "Hey, this is Selena. Look I'm not usually so straightforward but you're like, super hot and I think you're hilarious. Maybe we could go on a date sometime?" You smiled and bit your lip, trying to think of a response. "Yeah, sure Selena. I'd really love that! Just text me when and where. Ps, I think you're super hot too."

That was the beginning of your love story and something deep down inside of you was oddly grateful for all that extra work you had to get done, without that you never would've stopped for some coffee, you never would've met Selena, and you never would've had the greatest love story ever.