you're scared of needles

You sat on the table in the doctor's office and gripped Selena's hand for dear life. You just came in for a quick little check up to make sure all is well but they told you that you needed to get your vaccination and since the doctor said that, you've been on edge.

You have a huge fear of needles. You've always been terrified of them and you can't handle looking at them. Selena squeezed your hand and rubbed her fingers along your arm with her free hand. "It'll be alright, sunshine."

The nurse knocked on the door and came in the room just a couple seconds later with the needles on a tray. You whimpered and closed your eyes, a wave of anxiety washing over you. Selena grabbed your face and rubbed your cheek with her thumb. "Hey, shh, it's alright. I'm right here with you, angel." The nurse came over and rubbed the alcohol along your arm. "Sel..."

Selena kissed your forehead and rubbed your back before lifting your chin up with her palm. "Just look right at me." The nurse grabbed the needle and went to put it in your arm. "Be brave, angel. You've got this. I'm right here." She soothed you the best she could, holding your hand and assuring you that it was all okay as the needle pricked your skin. You winced and a tear fell from your eye and Selena quickly wiped it away.

Your eyes were clenched shut. Selena ran her thumb under your eye and kissed your cheek softly. "It's over now y/n." You opened your eyes slowly and looked right in her brown ones. She smiled at you and kissed you sweetly. "You did such a good job. My brave girl." She mumbled as she kissed your jaw. She grabbed your hand and helped you off the table, saying thank you to the nurse before leading you down the hallway and out the door.

"How does lunch sound, my baby? My treat." You smiled at Selena and kissed her nose. "Sounds wonderful. Thank you for being here with me." Selena opened the door for you and helped you inside the car, your hands still shaking a little but they stopped when Selena grabbed yours in hers and pressed her lips to your skin. "Anytime, angel."