It Is Ever Enough? [Mikey]

Being in a relationship with Y/N for three years wasn’t always easy. I was away a lot — either on tour, at interviews, photo shoots, or in the studio — which meant that we wouldn’t be able to see each other when we wanted to. She understood this, we both did. So we’ve never had a major fight. We would have small arguments every once in a while that were usually settled by the end of the day. Those arguments only happened while I was away, but not exactly because I was away. We just missed each other and we hated it, it caused us to argue over pointless things, it was like we were slowly going insane without each other. Especially me. But no matter how complicated things were, I still loved her.

The boys and I were on tour for about four months when things started to fall apart. Y/N and I would argue more often and it felt like it was getting worse. She didn’t like that we were arguing so she visited me, hoping things would go back to the way they were. And for a while they did. We spent every second together. It wasn’t until the last week of her visit that we had our first big fight. It was my fault, I’m the one that started it. I was already upset that she was leaving again soon and I knew I was overreacting, but I didn’t want to admit it. Who knew I would regret it this much.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked, annoyed.

Her brows furrowed, "Um, I told you I was going to the store down the street." She held up a 7-11 bag and set it down on the table. "Remember? You told me you didn’t wanna go because you were tired from tonight’s show?"

"Well if it’s just down the street, why did it take you over an hour?" I crossed my arms.

"Some fans found me, so I ended up taking longer than I expected because I wanted to be nice and talk to them. Sorry, I didn’t know I had a curfew. But it’s not like you didn’t know where I was."

"Did I know where you were? How do I know you weren’t out cheating on me?!" I glared.

Her eyes widened, "Excuse me? Where the hell is this coming from, Michael?"

I don’t know. "I saw you talking to that guy at the show, you were flirting with him!"

She held her hands up in defense, "I was not flirting with him! I hardly spoke to him. He was there with his girlfriend, who knew I was your girlfriend. She was the one I was talking to. You’re just overreacting.” I just turned my head and scoffed. She knew I did this when I knew she was right. "You know I’m right because you know that’s not what happened. And you know I would never cheat on you."

"Well, I don’t know that for sure." I mumbled. Again, no idea where that came from.

"What did you say?!"

I looked at her again and shouted, "I said how do I know for sure if you’re not cheating on me while I’m away?!"

"Where the hell is this coming from?!" She asked again. "I can’t believe you would even accuse me of cheating! Yes, you are away a lot. But I would never do that to you because if I did, I don’t know if I would be able to forgive myself for hurting you that way! And I’m the one that has to deal with seeing your face all over magazines that start ridiculous rumors and question whether we’re together or not. Do you have any idea how many times I’ve seen you with another girl in those magazines? A lot. But do I call you and accuse you of cheating just to pick a fight?! Of course not! Because that’s all they are — rumors! And I don’t need you to tell me that it’s fake, because I already know you wouldn’t cheat on me either!"

I looked away and sighed, "Whatever. You’re annoying. Why don’t you just leave already?"

"Now I’m annoying? You’re the one who started this argument!"