Wet [Mikey]

Rain drops raced down the window while my breath fogged up the glass. A hand, my hand, against the chilled window. Waiting. Always fucking waiting for him to come.

I felt like I sent hundreds of texts, when I had sent three.

"Where are you?" At 12: 03 a.m., from which it was drizzling.

"When are you coming home?" at 1:37 a.m., when it was raining.

"You know what, don’t bother coming home." and at 3:42 a.m., when the very cloud themselves were pouring heavily.

Now it was four in the morning, yet I was still up waiting for him to home. So I could beat the fuck out of him.

At 4:15, I saw headlights swing around our driveway, letting me know he was finally home. I got up from our window seat, and went out the front door to thank whoever drove him home.

Luke Hemmings climbed out of the driver’s side of the truck, an apologetic look upon his face. He pulled a wasted Michael Clifford out of the passenger seat. By now I was considerably drenched in water, my hair was probably stringy and ruined. It looked like I wasn’t going to do anything when morning finally dawned..

"Look, Y/N,  I’m so sor-" I cut Luke off before he could finish his half-hearted apology.

"Save it Luke. Thanks for bringing home, I guess. You need to leave now."

A different drunken smile dominated Michael’s face as he spoke his first words to me of the morning.

"Lay off, Y/N. Come on inside, Luke. I can show you my new video game." Though his words were slightly slurred, you could still understand him. Good thing he was an honest drunk.

"Luke, you really need to leave. Now."

I didn’t think it would be a good idea for Luke to see me blow up at Michael. Yeah, definitely not.

"Come on, Lukey."

Luckily Luke went with the smarter option. With wide eyes, he got into his truck and drove off.

"What the actual fuck, Michael?" I tried to keep my voice low and calm but it came out more of a half-scream.

"What, babe? You don’t like drunk me? Well you should know a drunk Mikey, is a horny Mikey." A sly smile spread across his face as he tried to stumble towards me,

"You can’t come home at four a.m. and expect me to be fine with it!" Normally I would have let it go, but this was different. "You just got back from touring! You were continents away, and now when you’re mere miles you don’t spend any time with me!" Tears started to collide with the rain drops sliding down my face.

"Aww, I’m sorry you’re too boring for me." His backhanded apology hit me like whiplash.

"I’m too boring?" Everything inside me just shattered. I’m completely, uttering, wholly devastated. My face falls, and I can not move.

I see him scramble to take it back, but there is no way he can undo what he said. All traces of a smile slip from his face as he sees what he did to me.

"I’m sorry. Baby, you know I didn’t mean it." He makes a move toward me, but I stay still. He keeps moving until his body is centimeters from my own. Michael slowly cradles my head in his hands, tilting his head and bringing his lips to mine. His lips tastes of whiskey and spice, a deadly combination.

His tongue sweeps my lips, trying to get me to kiss back. It’s mere seconds before I give in and deepen the kiss, threading my hands through his hair to bring him closer. He slowly moves us back, just to press me against the stone wall of our house.