Surprise Birthday [Ash]

You peeked your head through the doorway and saw Lou Teasdale nod, waving you backstage.

You scurry through the door toward her, peering out to see your boyfriend drumming on stage.

“They’re in sound check now,” Lou informed you, “but it won’t be much longer.” You nod and start setting up for Ashton’s surprise, laying out cupcakes and setting up balloons. “Do the other boys know you’re here?” Lou asks. “No, I didn’t want anyone to let it slip,” you explain, “you’re the only one I told. “This is the last song,” Lou tells you as she hangs streamers.

You look out toward the stage and see Luke looking at you, surprised. You put a finger to your lips motioning for him to keep quiet. He nods as he sings, but glances at you again as you mouth, “Stall!” He nods again as the song finishes.

You finish the streamers and glance around the room, making sure everything was perfect. “Y/n!” You turn to see Michael and Calum looking at your decorations. “I didn’t know you were coming!” Calum says, hugging you. “I wanted to surprise Ashton,” you explain, hugging Michael in turn. “You should hide!” Michael suggests excitedly. “Oh I don’t know,” you hesitate, “Where would I -” “He’s coming!” Calum whispers, cutting you off. “Hide!” He pushes you harder than he meant and you lose your balance, toppling into the plate of cupcakes.

You fall with a crash, cupcakes flying. “What’s going on?” You hear Ashton ask, “y/n?!” Ashton shouts in alarm. “Surprise,” you say weakly, wiping frosting from your cheek. You hear Ashton’s infectious laugh and you can’t help but giggle, blushing as he helps you to your feet. He envelopes you in a tight hug, his arms wrapping around your upper body and pulling you into him.

“I wanted to surprise you,” you mumble into his chest as he hugs you. You feel his chest rumble as he laughs again. “You definitely did,” he says, kissing the top of your head. You look up at him, scrunching your frosting-covered nose and blushing profusely. “You’re cute when you’re covered in frosting,” he whispers kissing you.

“I’m sure you are, too!” You shout, taking the frosting from your hands and rubbing it over his face and through his hair. He yelled, running around you. “What’s the matter, Ash?” You ask innocently, “you look cute.” Ashton eyes you warily and replies, “you look cuter!” Before you know what he’s doing he scoops frosting off the floor and runs toward you.

You squeal, turning to run but his large hands grip your waist, pulling you in toward him. He hugs you from behind while his hands make sure to coat your neck and face in frosting. His frosting covered hands move up your shirt and he starts to tickle your sides, holding you hostage.

“Ashton!” You scream, breathless, as you kick and punch the air, “Ashton stop it!” You collapse to the floor and he kneels next to you, continuing to tickle your rib cage. You scream for him to stop between bursts of laughter, eyes shut tight. “Help!” You open your eyes to see the rest of his band looking amused from their seats on the couch, Calum video taping the two of you.

“Help me,” you whisper dramatically reaching toward the camera. Ashton pins your arms down, his face inches from yours. “No one can save you,” he whispers, grinning. “You’ve got a little something there,” you say, nodding toward his face. “Hmm, do you think you could get it for me?” He asks in mock concern. “I suppose,” you sigh before giggling. Ashton leaned down over you, kissing you gently.

He let go of your wrists, resting on his elbows on either side of your head as he kissed frosting off of your face. Your hands cup his face, your thumbs wiping frosting from his cheeks. His lips found their way back to yours and his tongue slid across your bottom lip, tasting the frosting left there. You giggled into his mouth as he started nibbling on your lip.

“I swear, Ashton, if it wasn’t your birthday this level of PDA would not be tolerated,” Michael states, refusing to look at the two of you. “You disgust me,” Calum jokes, shaking his head.

Ashton sighed, rolling over to land beside you. You turn onto your side, facing Ashton. “Happy birthday,” you sigh contentedly. “Thanks,” Ashton says, smiling, “for all of this.” He pecks your lips and uses his thumb to swipe a bit of frosting from under your eye. “Sorry the cupcakes were ruined,” you mumbled, laughing a little.

“This was better,” Ashton replies honestly. “I love you,” you say, resting your head against his chest. “I love you, too,” Ashton returns, absentmindedly playing with your hair. “Um, hey, we’re still here,” Luke calls from the couch. “Well you shouldn’t be!” Ashton laughs. Luke throws a pillow at the pair of you in response and you laugh.

“Well, it’s time to go on, anyway,” Calum says, kicking Ashton as he walks by. “Already?” Ashton moans, sitting up. “Dude, you guys were making out for a really long time,” Michael points out. You blush, rising to your feet. “But I’m covered in frosting!” Ashton protests, gesturing to his hair and then looking down at his stained t-shirt. “Well you can explain that to the fans!” Calum suggests, spanking Ashton and rushing off, followed by Michael and Luke.

“Sorry,” you laugh, “but if it helps you look really hot in frosting.” Ashton laughed, running a hand through his sticky, frosting coated hair. “Ash, let’s go!” You hear Calum yell. Ashton sighed, shooting you an apologetic look before rushing to catch up to the boys. You hear the screams of the fans as the boys walk out on stage.

“Hello! We’re 5 Seconds of Summer!” Luke yelled, “And Ashton has something to say about his appearance!” “Right,” you hear Ashton begin, “Sorry I’m covered in frosting. Some birthday plans went, er, differently than expected.” “Oh c’mon, don’t be so vague!” Calum pipes up, “tell us all what happened! Don’t you want to what happened?!” The audience cheered in response.

“Fine, fine,” Ashton sighed, “Y/n surprised me with cupcakes. That’s all.” “And they had a frosting fight!” Michael added. “And they licked frosting off each others bodies!” Calum tacked on, causing the fans to scream. “No we did not!” Ashton protested. “Well, okay, they didn’t exactly,” Calum admitted, “but they did make out for a really long time.” “In front of all of us!” Luke clarified. You knew Ashton would be blushing right now, wishing he could hide behind his drum set. “Oh, boys, we almost forgot them professing their love for each other!” Michael added, laughing as the screams from the crowd grew.

“But it’s his birthday, so we’ll cut him some slack,” Calum sighed. You were relieved to hear that they were finished. “Oh and there’s a video of this on keek!” Luke yelled before they could start to play. You laughed, shaking your head as you wiped frosting from your clothes.