Charge On The Iroquois

!!WARNING!!

(Y/N POV)

I held the musket firmly to my side, falling in line with the others. Today was our first real fight, and we were soon to set off towards wherever these enemies were. "Alright, troops! For some, this will be your first battle. A relatively simple one, I should presume. Therefore, I require that you all participate and if needs be, die for your country." Washington ordered. "...Just try to avoid the death part." We simultaneously laughed. Unlike Wilson, Washington was willing to crack up a joke every now and then. It made everything less tense.

"But seriously. It's a kill or be killed world out there. If they refuse to leave and instead want to fight, you must fight back, am I clear?"
"Yes, sir!" we replied. I gulped inbetween, petrified by the thought that I'd be taking someone's life in a smarter of minutes.
"Fantastic. Now go and collect a horse or something, I dunno, I need some coffee." Washington sighed, dragging Lafayette along with him to ensure he wouldn't go running off again.

((I practically just put my thoughts at this very moment into words oml))

"Well, talk about hyperventilating!" John had finally gotten rid of those bloodied clothes, now fully changed into a uniform. "So, you ready for this?"
"No," I admitted, "But I guess I'll have to appear so."
"It's not so bad: a bit of fun, in my opinion!"
"So you do it for sport?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.
"Of course not. I do it for the colonies."

As we began to tread towards the horses, Cornelius jogged up to me. "Mr Miller! I thought I'd congratulate you, though, I already had a feeling it was going to turn out just fine."
"Thanks, Cornelius."
"I'd be honoured to accompany your side once we've arrived at the scene, that is if you're willing to let me."
"Cornelius," -I tapped his arm- "Thanks for the offer- I'm grateful, really. I just don't want anyone to be risking their life for mine."

"Are you sure?" he pondered, stepping back.
"I'm sure." I assured.
He shrugged, sighing carelessly and walking backwards. "If you say so, but don't expect me to come saving your ass out there!"
I giggled, lecturing him away with my hand.

"A friend?"
"Acquaintance." I replied to John. "He doesn't like to keep friends."
"Doesn't seem like it..."
"Jealous, much?" I teased him.
"What? No! Of course not, we met 2 days ago!"
"And have you ever stopped trying to make conversation with me?"
John didn't reply, hiding a smile because he knew that I was right.
"That's what I thought."

~

"Just you wait, Charlie. The Iroquois will come out more dead than alive with me around!" Hercules spat enthusiastically.
"Iroquois? But I thought we were attacking the Redcoats?" I questioned, examining the dots of brown grow more apparent.
"Redcoats are nothing compared to these! As long as we can peacefully escort them out, Hercules, killing will be unessassary."
"Ah, but it's no fun without killing, is it?"

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

The village was in full view.

A wall made of logs, concealing the citizens away.

It was...

Magnificent.

But.

Screaming.

Screaming rang through my ears.

And the instant I turned to inspect, he was there.

On the floor.

A lone soldier, with an arrow lodged straight through his neck.