Wapiti

The sun rays hit my face as I turned to my left side. "That's bright..." I whisper to myself. "It's a great day today." I jump at the voice that was behind me. "Charles... how long were you there?" I say slowly getting up. "Not that long, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere with me." I think for a minute, "will there be food?" Charles laughs a bit, "Yes there will definitely be food."

Charles packs my bed roll and a few cans on a small wagon.

I noticed some medicine in a box and some canned food. I put my satchel on and make sure I have my journal in there. We get on and leave and there wasn't much scenery in Lakay but I did see the little girl. I waved to her and she waved back.

The drive was far but the scenery was better and better the closer we got. Charles and I didn't say much along the way, finally he spoke up, "so you really care for Arthur huh?" I couldn't understand what me meant but then I remembered, "you read my journal?"
"..yes" I roll my eyes at the confession. "Why? And how much?" There was that silence again, I hated it. "Just your recent page, Arthur is a lucky man. I just wish I had someone like that." I felt bad but he still didn't have the right to be snooping through my things. "Well I hope you find someone that loves you for yourself."

We finally arrive to our destination and it was an Indian reservation. Charles pulls aside to make room for any riders coming in. "I'm sorry y/n I guess curiosity got the best of me." Charles helped me down and some kids were running up to us. Charles was talking to them and there were some women staring at me. "I don't mean to sound rude but why did you bring me here? I don't think they'll appreciate me being here." Charles makes his way to take out that crate I saw. "Don't worry the people here will like you, plus I just wanted you to get out and see a new place." Charles and I make our way to where everyone gathered in a group. "Alright everyone I brought medicine and a few canned goods. It's all I could get right now, medicine was a big priority right now." Charles is a giving person and that's great, man has to be giving, family or not.

A group of women came towards me, I didn't know what was going to happen next. They were welcoming me and telling me to come with them. They led me to this cone-like tent and when I stepped inside it was really hot. Two women were pulling my shirt up, "What?" They continued and I just didn't understand. "Please take off your clothes." One of the women said to me. "Umm I don't-"
"It's to relax, trust us." She says reassuring. I take off my clothes and lay down on my back, I'm completely naked and I feel a little weird. The women prepare something in a bowl they throw some spices and a few other ingredients. After just thinking about my thoughts they prepared the liquid. "Close your eyes and relax." I close my eyes and clear my mind. The woman poured the hot liquid on my legs then she poured it on my stomach. Next I felt hands everywhere rubbing against me. Everywhere I was hurting they were getting the spot, it hurt but felt good as the same time. They could tell I was hurting but they knew what they were doing.

"Turn on any side." I turn to my right and I was so weak, a good weak. This time they targeted my lower back and there was so much pain. "Ow." I softly let out and the women noticed. So they stopped and added some more ingredients. This time it was a little hotter and it felt like my back was on fire. It didn't hurt a lot but it was soothing too. After when the massage was over they wanted me to walk around. "Here put this on." She gave me which would only cover my breasts and my lady part. Pretty much everything else was exposed, I slipped it on and stepped outside. Some little girls came towards me and they presented a flower crown. It was made with daisies and sunflowers. I accepted it and put in on top of my head. "Thank you." I say softly and the girls shyly giggle and run away. The women weren't done they rubbed another oil on my stomach. "This will protect you and the baby." I look into her eyes, "Thank you, really." I am grateful. "You're welcome. I could tell you're not a bad person. Just a woman that is stressed and frightened." She's right. "Motherhood looks hard and it has me worried." She continues rubbing the oil. "It's not easy and yes you will stress a lot but motherhood is a beautiful thing. You will be okay, just take it one day at a time." She holds my chin up on the last part and I nod my head. "Y/n." I turn to my right and see Charles coming up. He couldn't help but stare but he caught himself before he went any further. "The chief wants to meet you."

The chief? We walk to another tent and as I was making my way there some men were staring at me. Some were even looking at me the way only your husband should look at you. I get Charles attention to look at what's happening and the steps in and says, "guys she's married." Some were turned off with the statement. We arrived to the the tent and made our way inside. "Hello y/n Charles has told me all about you." It was the same man at the garden party. "You're-"
"Rains fall, we met at the garden party." I nod my head, "Yeah you told me something that I won't forget."
"And it's the truth." He gestures me to sit down on a red circle pillow. "Now I heard that you're having trouble sleeping."
"Yes.. I worry for the baby and my husband." I hope Rains Fall could understand. "Your little one needs for you to have some rest. Motherhood can be very tiring so you need all the energy you can get." He gives me some mixture in a bottle. "Take this, it will help you." I felt so bad so I took out some money. "No please, put your money away. You can't put a price on doing a good deed." He cautiously placed his hand on mine. I take the medicine and we head out of the tent.

"Do you want to head back?" Charles asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. I was tired and I didn't feel like sitting up for like an hour. "You two can take a tent for the night." Rains Fall points at the empty one. "Thank you." Charles says and then we make our way to the tent.

I was so tired so I laid my bedroll out and laid down. My feet were hurting but I didn't care I needed rest.

These are called a teepee tent they are made out of animal skin and wooden poles

These are called a teepee tent they are made out of animal skin and wooden poles. Tribes of the Great Plains would take shelter in a teepee.