"Apart..."

"Who knows what is going to happen next? One moment you happy and the other you have to face your biggest fears but with people you love next to you who is ever going to stop you?"

~late next morning, Damon's pack~

Third person's pov

"Alpha, I have news for you. You are not gonna like it..." the Beta murmured bowing in front of Damon who was sitting behind his office checking some files.

Damon lifted his head and left the files on the desk with power already tensed for what he was going to hear. His wolf was already growling and his ears were perked up ready to listen to everything that Malcolm had to tell them.

Damon narrowed his eyes and took a deep breath trying to read his Beta's expression and in seconds he knew that the news weren't good at all. His face was pale, he was shaking slightly and he was avoiding looking into his eyes.

Weird...

"Split it!" he groaned and his hands turned into fists.

"Um... Luna Anna gave birth early this morning Alpha. And today, some hours ago Luna Ari and Knight took their Betas and Gammas with some more men and went to visit them. Aaron is with them also..." he said in hurry and sighed shaking more than before.

Damon stiffened on his chair and raised his eyebrows confused. That was nothing bad, it was normal so why Malcolm was so scared?

"Alpha... There is something more..." he continued breathless and took one step back timidly.

"Say it!" Damon said through his teeth and his jaw began clenching with his fists shaking as well.

"Luna Ari is not going to go back to the pack with Aaron and Kinda. They are staying at Bruening's pack. Knight got crazy yesterday after he saw your email. He is taking extra measures and Luna is staying at her old pack until she gives birth at least..." he said trembling almost whispering and lowered his gaze on the floor waiting for his Alpha's outburst that came too soon.

"The asshole! He is trying to take them away!" he roared and broke his desk at once with his fists.

"We hadn't thought about it. We had supposed that he would ask for men from Adam but we were wrong." His wolf growled trying to stay calm.

"This means more..." Damon screamed but stopped breathless and closed his eyes trying to think.

No, he couldn't ruin everything now that he was so close. He had to act smart and make a better plan. Ari was going to be his and nothing that Knight was going to do would stop him for getting her.

He was planning to attack Knight's pack some days after Ari would give birth to Aelia but now he had to do more. Attacking the pack without Ari being there with the kids was pointless. They could easily inform Adam and hide Ari even better somewhere far away and then everything would be lost.

He would never be able to take Ari...

"Beta. More men, more teams! When we attack Knight's pack we will also attack Bruening's. I want four teams for attack and another three to be ready just in case we need them. Considering the time we have left until Ari gives birth we need to hurry. It is about one month, we need as many men as possible. Am I clear?" he stated some seconds later after he thought about it.

"Of course Alpha. I will have everything ready."

"What about the house's preparations? The new dungeons?" Damon asked shortly.

"Everything is okay Alpha. We are too forward considering the plan we had made. Everyone is working like crazy." Malcolm replied quite relieved and calmer knowing that his answers about the preparation were pleasant.