Everything...

"You are my heart, my soul, my treasure, my day, my tomorrow, my forever and my everything! But... It is not the same from man to man..."

Damon's pov

"Mate!"

My wolf screams and I gasp stumbling with my eyes locked on hers.

What has just happened?

Mate? Second mate?

She is... Mine?

I fall on my knees breathless, my heart is beating fast, my head is killing me and her scent is...

The world stops, the time, everything. Just stops...

I stay like this staring at her in silence.

She has straight, long, blonde hair. She is quite short and has some more weight but she is not fat with a beautiful, long neck. She is wearing a dark blue jeans and a dirty white top. Her face is sweet with a pair of big, dark brown almost black eyes wet from crying, full lips and a quite pale skin. My eyes travel to her free left arm and I instinctually growl from the big bruise and deep cut there is on it.

"Who the hell harmed her?" I roar and my eyes land on a speechless, shocked Malcolm that stares at me breathless.

"Alpha are you alright?" my Delta asks me but I ignore him turning again at her.

What the fuck is going on?

Why now?

She is a common, weak human. She can't be more than 20 years old, she is shaking from fear but her eyes are never leaving mine. There is something on her that drowns me and the more we stare each other the more I think she feels the connection as well as I do.

My second mate...

Shit, shit, shit!

"It seems that we have our second Luna here!" one of the men behind me says breaking the silence and bringing me back to reality.

"If he doesn't kill her as well!" one other says and I stand up, turn like a flash, reach him and dig my nails and then fingers in his chest.

He begins screaming in pain and I press them more reaching his heart.

"Kill him!" my wolf screams in mania and that's it.

I do it!

I feel her weak beat but I have enough!

I grab his heart and pull her out ripping his flesh and skin with the blood coming out of his body like a river but it is the first time I do not want blood, I feel nothing, his scent is too weak in front of hers.

She...

She is screaming and crying from fear behind me. I think I can say I am in pain because she is scared but...

Something inside me is trying to keep me away from her, the bond, us.

Ari...

I love Ari, my Ari but...

What the hell am I going to do?

I turn around with the dead asshole's heart still in my right hand and face her, almost. She is sobbing trying to hide herself behind Malcolm who is holding her protectively in his arms and seems quite calmer now. He understood as well as the Delta that is standing next to them with a worried expression.

Why am I in so much pain seeing her sobbing and crying?

"Her pain... Is ours as well. You feel the connection just like I do." My wolf says still obviously shocked.