08.5

We follow the creature all the way back to the mall, "are you serious." I ask

Steve shrugs at me and opens the door as we stop.

He reaches for my hand and pulls me out of the car, "come on, we gotta go save the world." He says in a mocking tone

"Your an idiot."

We rush into the mall from the back, we see the big creature, billy and el in front of us.

Lucas hands each pair a box of fireworks.

"Will and lucas stay on the left, y/n and steve stay on the right and me and nancy will stay in the middle." Jonathan says directing you guys

"Let's go." I say pulling steve along with me

Lucas was the first one to throw a firework. It exploded making the creature stare at him, "flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas shots through another one at it making it screech

We all start throwing the fireworks at it making it scream louder and louder

"hey, asshole! over here!" Steve shouts throwing one of the fireworks straight at its head.

The monster was starting to get weak, it's screams still piercing my ear drums

"we're almost out!" Will says
"i know." Lucas replies

Steve grabs the radio, "dustin! we're out of time!"

"Hurry! close it now!" Dustin shouts to joyce, over radio, "close it!"

I look over to see billy on top of el. He looked so broken and hurt. Veins were running all up his body. This thing was obviously hurting him too.

Els pov

"seven... feet."

Billy's face stops and stared at me, "you told her.... the wave was seven feet."

"you ran to her, on the beach."

"she wore a hat," billy sniffles as i continue, "... with a blue ribbon."

Billy gasps

"a long dress with a blue and red flower. Yell- yellow sandals covered in sand."

"she was pretty." I say, tear close, billy smiled at me.

"she was really pretty." He nods in response

"and you... you were happy."

I place my hand on billy's check, as he closes his eyes a single tear falls.

(^A/n- this made me cry so much.)

your pov

we continued to throw the fireworks, until i heard will shout, "we're all out!"

"damn it." Lucas says

i check to see the box, and it's empty, "all gone."

Billy who was over el, stood up as the creature turned to them.

It wanted el, it wanted to kill her.

~EmOtIoNS~

the creature snarled and roared at el, it's weird mouth thing reaching for her.

but it didn't, it was stopped

by

billy...

"No!"

Billy yells as he uses all his strength to hold back the creature

Another mouth thing latches onto billy's side, making him bleed and scream out in pain.

Another one hits him in the other side causing him to let go of the first mouth.

His knees giving way as the other mouths start to attach themselves to him.

billy screams at the monster and finally the mouth from before piercing through his heart, leaving him breathless.

-i'm actually crying, i had to rewatch the max scene nooooo!¡-

"Billly!" Max screams, tears rolling down her checks.

the creature pulls out its mouth, making billy grunt. His body crashes to the ground with a thud.

The creature suddenly starts to act out, it starts screech mad hitting everything in its area.

It bashes into the side where me and steve where. "y/n!" Steve shouts pulling me into his arms away from the ledge.

The creature then falls to the ground, making a loud thud noise.

Me and steve run to the edge to see the creature on the floor dead. In the background i saw max sobbing over billy, surrounded by mike and el.

Max's pov

i walk over to billy, his shirt stained by blood, his hair was wet from all the sweat, his face covered in blood and he was panting.

"billy?" I ask walking over to him, "billy."

"billy, billy, get up, please. Billy, get up, please, please." I say

"i'm sorry..." He manages to say.

"billy...."

He coughs and exhales sharply.

"billy. billy." I continue to say, shaking his shoulders slightly.

"billy, wake up. billy, get up. please billy...."

"billy!" I sob, realising he was gone...

"billy...." i sob and sniffle.

"billy...."

I feel el pull me into a hug, "i'm sorry." I start to sob even more.

"it's okay. it's okay." el said reassuring me.

i continue to cry in her arms.

A/n~ i actually found this so hard to write. I couldn't stop crying. Max's reaction is so pure and cute, it shows that she really did care for billy even though he was pretty shitty towards her. But this is what most siblings are like. Billy had his reasons why he was a dick, doesn't mean it was right, but i genuinely believe he was a good guy and he did deserve better. He sacrificed himself, does that not show you he changed?

I see why people think he was a dick, but he was protective of his little sister because he saw what happened to his mother and he didn't want a repeat.

I felt for max, her reaction to her big brother dying was more than someones death, it was more than her stepbrother dying. He was her first proper male figure and she had to see him die. She must have seen what made billy so made and what made him act like a dick, she also had to live with his father.

All billy wanted was to be with his mum. PERIOD.

He honestly deserved better and i'm sorry if you disagree but no one deserves to die, especially not someone who was hurt physically and mentally, not someone who was abandoned, not somebody who had to witness his father hit his mother from a young age, he changed and this season showed us who billy really was.

Lmao i got too into that, also please don't spread any hate about this, this is just my opinion.

AND i didn't add hoppers death because, i'm going to add the note at the end- gosh i'm going to cry so much :)