Part 42

Jensen came to the hospital 5 hours later. I was 3 cm dilated, which means that we have 7 more. I got an epidural and I was trying to handle the pain until the medicine kicks in. Jensen was sitting at my side holding my hand and giving me ice chips when I asked for. I told Gen to go home with Jared when he came to the hospital with Jensen. My mom was sitting with us in the room and helping as much as she could.

I was laying on my side. My eyes were closed and I was holding Jensen's hand. He was sitting next to my bed, as close to me as he could. Our foreheads were like they were glued together. I could hear his breathing change its rhythm every time I squeezed his hand, like he was in pain too. Robbins was there with us too and she was coming to check on me every 15 minutes.

I hear the door open but neither me or Jensen bothered to look at it. "Hi" I hear my mom whisper "Hi" I hear two other voices say and I'm pretty sure that is Jensen's parents. The door opens again "I don't want to bother you but I need to check (Y/N)" I hear Robbins say. I turn to lay on my back. She doesn't seem really happy "Still at 3" she says "Are you still in pain?" she asks "Yes" "Can you feel your legs?" "I am numb from the legs and down but I can still feel the contraction" "It's ok, I don't want you to worry. It means that the epidural wasn't high enough to your spine. We can try and dilute it and help it go to your upper body too" she says and I nod.

The babys' monitors started beeping and Robbins looked worried. "Everything is going to be ok" she says to me. Nurses come in the room "They're going in distress" she says "What?" Jensen asks "The babys' heart rates are dropping" she says. They immediately gave me an oxygen mask and laid me to my side.

The heart rates went back to normal after a few minutes and I could see that Jensen was really stressed. Robbins came to check how dilated I was after an hour. I moved to 4, which isn't a big accomplishment. Only 1 cm in 4 hours isn't ideal. I was 9 hours in the hospital. "I'm going to give our parents the keys to our house and sent them to get some sleep ok?" Jensen says and I nod.

"There is a high chance of needed a C-section because the labor is processing really slow and it can harm the babys but I'm going to do everything I can to prevent surgery" Robbins says "Thank you" Jensen says. "I would recommend one more epidural which not only while help with the pain but it usually helps the labor process to progress faster" she says "Do it" I say and Jensen nods

After the second epidural, I could feel less and less pain. I was laying again at my side with the exercise ball between my legs. And I stayed like that for probably 4 hours.

Ahe came to check on me again and I was at 7cm. When I heard the 7, it was life-changing. I felt such a relief. She left and then came back after a couple of hours "Ok, we are getting ready to push" she said and it was like music to my ears.

"Ready?" she asks and I nod. I look at Jensen who smile at me and nods. "Ok, push (Y/N)" she says and I do. "Ok, stop. You are doing great. Don't worry".

I was pushing for 20 minutes. "Ok daddy. Wanna see your baby's head?" she asks. Jensen looks at me and nod. He walks to her and she tells me to push again. "Baby boy is out" she says and then I hear his cry. She hands him to the nurse and she and Jensen stayed there. "Let's go for the next one. Come on (Y/N), push".

After a couple of pushes, I heard the second cry "And baby girl is out. Congratulations mommy and daddy" she says and I start crying.

We finally stayed just the four of us in the room. I fed both of them and now they are laying on me. Jensen was sitting next ty bed again and he was looking at me "What?" I ask "You are amazing" he says "Yeah, right" "I'm serious. Give them to me and get some sleep. Before four families come" "I'm fine" "No, you are exhausted" he says. "I love you" I say "I love you too" he says and kisses me.

 "I love you" I say "I love you too" he says and kisses me