YangDery

Hendery wasn’t unknown to the Macau University attendees. In fact, you mention the name Huang Guanheng to anyone in that school, they instantly know it as the baseball player with way too much energy. Even his best friends couldn’t keep a hold on him. He was quite the rambunctious teen no matter how he made himself out to be. He was entertaining to be friends with because he was unpredictable. Kun, Sicheng, and Ten could never pinpoint what would happen next with Hendery, unless it came to a game. The Macau native became extremely focused and worked his ass off to train for their games. Which is currently what Hendery and his friends were doing right now. 

“You can throw harder than that Kun!” Hendery sighs as he swings his bat once more for practice.

“You asked for it,” Kun chuckles and pitches the ball towards Hendery’s sweet spot. 

Hendery goes to swing his bat but gets hit in the knee making him overreact like the drama queen he is. Henderey falls on his back and holds his knee while fake crying. 

“Oh my Jesus,” Ten rolls his eyes as he walks over to the giant baby. 

“I almost lost my life and you guys are criticizing me? I hate you three,” Hendery whines and rubs his knee. 

“First of all, I didn’t even say anything,” Sicheng shakes his head, “And second of all, you’re the one acting like an overdramatic crackhead,” Sicheng holds his hand out to help Hendery up. 

Hendery takes Sicheng’s hand and pulls himself up before looking at Kun, “We should go eat. I’m hungry,” Hendery rubs his stomach before it begins to make noise, “See? Food is required.” 

“We get it, Jesus. You want food. I think the McDonald’s by Sicheng’s house is open,” Ten looks over at Sicheng and snorts when Kun makes a face of disgust.

“It’s eight at night, shut the hell up. We aren’t driving all the fucking way to Hong Kong for some damn chow mein,” Sicheng pulls out his wallet, “Plus it’s my turn to pay anyways,” Sicheng rolls his eyes. 

Hendery grabs his bat and walks to his baseball bag. He sets the bat in the pocket before grabbing his phone and seeing a text from his cousin Renjun. He smiles slightly and hums softly. He hasn’t seen his cousin in a while considering they were on opposing baseball teams so they were always at practice. Hendery texts Renjun back before sliding his phone in his pocket and walking over to Sicheng.

“You okay? Your aura kinda changed there bud,” Sicheng wraps his arm around Hendery’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I just haven’t seen Renjunnie in a while and I kinda miss him. It’s just hard with us both having baseball,” Hendery sighs gently and looks at his shoes as he walks with Sicheng to Sicheng’s car. 

“We play their team next so you’ll get to see him then,” Sicheng chuckles softly as Hendery scoffs and rolls his eyes, “Baseball is almost over, you’ll get to spend time with him after,” Sicheng smiles softly. 

“I know. I just hate not being able to see him,” Hendery puts his baseball stuff in Sicheng’s trunk along with Kun, Ten, and Sicheng’s baseball bags.

Kun and Sicheng get in front of Sicheng’s car as Ten and Hendery get in the back. Hendery pulls his phone out to see the picture of Renjun and him holding hands as they skateboard. Renjun has gotten him through some of his toughest times. Hendery locks his phone and slips his phone in his pocket. He lays his head against the window while looking at the night sky. He closes his eyes and lets the low vibrations against his head put him to sleep. 

When Hendery woke, the boys were pulled into the McDonald’s parking lot. Hendery unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car. He runs a hand through his hair and shakes his head. Hendery stretches causing his shirt to lift up slightly. He blushes when he hears Ten wolf whistle.