Q/New (The Boyz)

Chanhee never intended to live in such a big house by himself. He had envisioned himself living in this house with a potential partner and a dog or two. However, he has lived in this giant empty house by himself for well over two years now. Chanhee wasn't rich per se, but being the co-owner of a pretty popular cafe did have its perks. Chanhee was able to afford a spacious house by himself with money left to spare. The co-owner and mastermind of food, Kevin, is Chanhee's best friend. Kevin is never afraid to tell Chanhee the truth about absolutely anything. Literally anything. More often than not, Kevin will tell Chanhee his unadulterated opinion when Chanhee leasts expects it.

"You should get a hybrid," Kevin leans against the counter as Chanhee chokes on his coffee at the sudden remark.

"Excuse me?" Chanhee looks down at Kevin after he stops coughing, the older laughing at Chanhee, "What are you talking about?"

"You know, hybrids. Chanhee look," Kevin grabs a peppermint from the candy dish at the counter and pops it in his mouth, "I absolutely love and adore you, but you really need someone in your life."

Chanhee goes to respond when the oven in the back goes off as customers walk inside the cafe. Chanhee begins taking orders as Kevin comes back upfront and helps with making drinks. The two-run back and forth, making drinks and getting pastries or sandwiches until the crowd dies down and there are no longer any customers in sight. Chanhee grabs a cup of ice before starting to make himself a smoothie.

"There's a hybrid shelter not too far from here. We can go together once Sangyeon and Jacob get here for the later shifts," Kevin looks over at Chanhee who puffs his cheeks out in thought while blending the ingredients together for his smoothie.

"I think if I do this, I want to go on my own. Do you by any chance know when it closes?" Chanhee looks over at Kevin before dumping the smoothie in his cup with whipped cream.

"They close around five so you'll have between two and five to go and decide if you want to visit and meet with a hybrid," Kevin looks over at Chanhee who takes a sip from his smoothie and nods, "That's where I met Juyeon. I know you're worried about not being home enough, but the first week that you have them home, you take that week off and I can bring Hyunjae or Younghoon in to help me. You'll want that first week with your hybrid so you two can get to know each other and set boundaries. Trust me, you'll need it. Hybrids are the sweetest and most caring people around," Kevin looks over at Chanhee who nods and sips his smoothie again.

"What if I'm not good enough for them?" Chanhee nervously bites at his lip and runs a hand through his deep brown hair.

"Chanhee, you treat inanimate objects with so much care. I know you'll take immense care of your hybrid. That's if you choose to get one. It's all up to you though," Kevin winks at Chanhee before retreating to the oven to put some bread in.

"I hate you, Kevin. I really do," Chanhee mumbles before looking up at the clock, "Two hours," he sighs and walks out from behind the counter to clean up the tables.

During the two hours, a slew of customers had all come in at once. While Chanhee was usually calm about a crowd of people, it seemed like this crowd of people was even more people than usual and they seemed to be either angry or anxious. Chanhee and Kevin were serving out food and drinks left and right until the crowd had diminished leaving the cafe virtually empty. Chanhee slides against the back wall and rubs his temples, Kevin sitting next to him.

"I love this place. I love my job. I do," Chanhee looks over at Kevin who laughs and wraps an arm around Chanhee.

"I know you do. You don't have to convince me. I know you love our cafe. I think there was a business meeting in the park nearby. It's okay to be stressed about the job sometimes Chanhee. No one is expecting you to be sunshine and rainbow all of the time okay?" Kevin smiles and looks over at the front door when the bells ring.