Hyunjae/Juyeon (TBZ)

an: here's the pronouns !! also as a tw there is mentions of blood !!

hyunjae (he/him)
juyeon (he/they)
sangyeon (he/him)
kevin (he/pup)
jacob (they/he)
sunwoo (he/him)
changmin (fang/he)
haknyeon (cub/he)
eric (ghost/he)
chanhee (bun/he)
younghoon (he/they)

On the list of things Hyunjae was prepared to deal with, this was not one of them. Was he prepared to deal with injured animals? Absolutely. Was he prepared to deal with injured kids? Also absolutely. Was he prepared to deal with a fucking werewolf? Absolutely fucking not. Hyunjae has no idea what to do and how he even got here.

Let's rewind on how Hyunjae came to find the injured werewolf. Hyunjae is a camp counselor for an extremely popular summer camp. Hyunjae and his friend, Jacob, usually get put on night time patrol to check out the surrounding woods to check for predators that might be stalking the grounds at night. Jacob usually checks the west side of the camp while Hyunjae checks the east side of camp. Hyunjae loves this job, it's one of the only things that he looks forward to. During the non-summer months, he works at a high school as a nurse. The school is where he met all of the camp counselors that he actually became friends with. Jacob is a history teacher, Sunwoo a music teacher, Haknyeon a gym teacher, Chanhee a librarian. Sometimes the kids he sees at school end up at the camp with them and Hyunjae is always so excited to hang out and have fun at the camp. He loves this job. He absolutely adores it.

In the four years he's been working at the camp he's never had to deal with a single wolf, bear, or even bobcat. They have the occasional raccoon or possum, but it's nothing that they can't handle. Sometimes a stray dog or cat will wander onto camp, the campers having an absolute hay day with petting the animals. Hyunjae never had a problem with predators until now.

This leads us to where the story first starts. It's the first weekend of camp, the camp lasting a total of five weeks. Hyunjae is doing his nightly patrol, Sunwoo and Chanhee cracking jokes over the walkie talkies, Haknyeon occasionally checking in on Jacob and Hyunjae. Hyunjae turns his walkie talkie down when he hears the whimpering of a wolf. Hyunjae's body tenses as he walks past the bushes to see a light brown wolf with golden eyes looking at Hyunjae. The wolf has blood running from their leg, the wolf whimpering again as they try to move. Hyunjae almost drops the walkie talkie when he watches the wolf shift into a boy. Hyunjae's nurse instincts kick in, Hyunjae running over to the boy and kneeling next to him.

"Where are you hurt?" Hyunjae looks at the boy, the boy looking up at Hyunjae, his big eyes lined with tears, "Hey don't cry. It's okay. I got you. I just need to know where you're hurt."

"L-Leg. Tripped and fell," the male looks at Hyunjae and wipes his eyes, "Can't walk."

Hyunjae grabs his walkie talkie and bites his lip, "I need a bed in the infirmary open now. I'll be there in ten minutes," Hyunjae hums into the walkie talkie.

"Injured kid?" Haknyeon asks back, Hyunjae putting the rest of his gear in his pockets and bag.

"No. I'll explain when I get there. Won't be able to respond," Hyunjae clips the walkie talkie to his pants before turning to the boy, "I need you to wrap your arms around my neck okay?"

The werewolf nods before yelping when Hyunjae picks him up bridal style. Hyunjae laughs slightly when the werewolf clings to Hyunjae's neck. Hyunjae's body tenses slightly as the male nuzzles his nose against Hyunjae's neck. He walks towards the infirmary, Hyunjae having to adjust his arms every so often to keep hold of the werewolf. Once they walk into the infirmary, Hyunjae lays the werewolf down on the open bed.

"Are the other counselors taking care of the kids?" Hyunjae looks over at Chanhee and Haknyeon, Sunwoo and Jacob grabbing some medical supplies that Hyunjae might need.