Thirty Seven

Somewhere-where-you-can-play-darts

Ranz's POV

"I can't go to the meeting so just give me a copy of the sales update. Where's the new schedule that I gave you?"

"Here, sir."

"Did you already change everything I said?"

"Yes, sir."

Mint handed me the folder of the company's schedule for next month. I glanced at it and saw the freed-up schedule. We're expecting something to happen. I mean, I'm expecting something. And I need to free up some time in case it will happen this month.

"Okay. Make enough copies for the executive officers."

"Noted, Sir. By the way, Sir, what about your plan on the construction of the Xierans Hotel at Bulacan? Naghihintay na lang po ng go signal ang architect para masimulan na ang pagtingin niya sa lugar."

"You need to cancel that. Maybe we can start to discuss it next year. We still need to do a lot of things."

"Okay, Sir. Ito na rin po pala ang pinahanda niyong contract."

I opened the folder and saw the contract that I've most excited about. Finally, something that will ease my stress today. I've been stressing out these past hours because of work.

Bunch of folders, papers to examine before signing, new projects to look up first before approving, just a bunch of stress.

"Does the CEO already came?" I ask her upon closing the folder I'm holding.

"Not yet, Sir. Actually, baka hindi po siya makakapunta dito sa office. He called and said he needed to go somewhere very important. May ipinapagawa rin po siya sa inyo."

Then she handed me another folder. A different folder from the white folder of the company. This one is black and my name is in the folder. Carved.

I opened it and a letter greeted me.

I think I know what this is.

And I can't open it now.

"Thank you, Mint. You can now finish your work then you can go home." I said then closed the folder.

"Thank you, Sir." She bowed then leave the room.

I sighed and reclined my back on my seat. Both hands clasping and elbows against the arms of the chair I'm purposely swiveling.