15. Introduction

🌱

"This is my future son in law, Lee Minho. " Mr Kim proudly smiled as he introduced Minho to their staffs. They're having a meeting, introducing the new COO of the company. Minho smiled widely and bowed down.

"Good morning my name is Lee Minho. It's such an honor for me to work at such a great company." Minho bow down again. "I would love to announce that all the workers are invited to the grand wedding next week. We will send an e-invitation to you via email. " Seungmin continued.

The workers started to talk, being happy about Taerin getting married. Minho took a glance at Taerin who's currently staring at Bobby. They're staring at each other. His eyes are full of hatred, full of sadness and sorrow. Taerin didn't focus at all during the meeting she's busy looking and worrying about Bobby's reaction. She told her dad to cancel today's announcement but her dad was too excited about it.

"Anyone curious about me? This is an informal meeting feel free to ask. " Minho smiled looking at the staffs.

"What do you like about Miss
Taerin? "  One of the staffs asked and the room became chaotic because of the question. They were like chanting feeling excited, looking forward to his answer.

"Well everything that's why I decided to marry her. " Minho said confidently. Once again, the room became chaotic hearing his cringey answer. Taerin who's turning into a tomato rubs her temple. "Can we end the meeting? I have work to do. " Taerin speak up. Mr Kim nodded. "Alright I see you guys had fun with our new COO. Dismiss meeting ends now. " Mr Kim smiled.

✳️

Taerin browse through the laptop. She feels dizzy looking at the papers. Plus the meeting earlier she just, feels like want to die what agreement did she agreed to. If only her dad didn't make that stupid rule she wouldn't have end her single life at a very young age. Thus she's marrying someone she doesn't have any feelings to.

Someone knock on her door she asked them to get in and it was Bobby. He shut the door smoothly and take seat across her. "Feeling alright? "

Taerin shakes her head. "Everything is just so, messy so miserable. I don't know anymore. " Bobby stares at her. "Call off the wedding. "

"I signed the contract! " Taerin massages her neck. "What contract Taerin? "

"The marriage contract. We are gonna split in 8 months. Please understand me I'm doing this for me. I want to have a secure position and a better life. " Taerin sighs. Bobby nodded slowly not bearing to see his loved one being sad. "We will make it up after 8 months okay? We just have to wait. " Bobby said holding her wrist.

"I heard that he moved in with you. "

Taerin nodded. "Did he teased you? Or do something bad to you? Tell me I'm gonna kick him in the face. "

"No. We just do our own thing. " Taerin shakes her head. "Well good to hear that. It's just, "

"Just what?"

"I'm worried. It's impossible a man, and a beautiful woman like you living together. Not having any feelings towards each other. It's just impossible right? " Bobby rubs his chin squinting his eyes making it even smaller.

Taerin sighs. "So you don't believe in me? It's hard if you're gonna accuse me going to cheat on you. " Taerin crosses her arms feeling annoyed for the first time at him. "No! It's just that I'm worried. I'm not accusing you? It's just that you need to be careful with that jerk." Bobby explained looking worried at Taerin who's looking pissed. "By the moment I saw him I knew it. He's going to ruin your life Taerin. I know it cause I'm a man
too. "

And now they're using the same phrases. 'I'm a man'. What do they know better? One said that they're not full of loves one said that he's a heart breaker.

Taerin shakes his head reassuring Bobby there will be no love between them.

✳️

Minho screams internally looking at his own office room. He sit on the office chair and spin it around. "I'm so happy I've never been so happy in my life. " he giggles.

"I'm gonna hang a big picture of mine there. Good thing I'm having this big room. " his room is across Taerin's they could see each other well but Taerin pulls her curtain to the middle.

He then saw Bobby walking out from her room looking sad. "Poor man. Not getting his loved ones. That's why we, in this house we don't love. " Minho yelled. Minho looks like he's out of his mind yelling loudly alone in his room.

He feels thirsty suddenly he then decided to check out the pantry. He saw few staffs there drinking the coffee, having small talk. They saw Minho walked in and smiled immediately. "Oh Mr Minho?" one of the staffs said. Minho smiled at her.

"Just be comfortable with me." Minho said as he sip down his tea.

"Oh my God I just saw Mr Bobby went out of Miss Taerin's room looking pissed. " Another worker walk in hand fanning himself. He then looks shocked to see Minho was there. The other workers face palmed at his clumsiness. "I-Im sorry Mr Minho it was unintentional." he laughs awkwardly. He's panicking for sure.

Minhot let out a small giggle. "It's fine I love gossiping. Feel free to spill it with me." Minho said, resting his arms on the table. The staffs look at each other feeling unsure of what they heard. "Quick it's about Bobby? Tell me more. " Minho insist them.

"Uh-huh, I actually saw Miss Taerin did something with him at the store room. " one of the staffs let out her thoughts. Minho didn't looked that shock because he, he just knew it.

"Do what? "

"It's really not a big deal. Just a kiss on cheeks but why would they do that. Even if they are step cousins. If they don't have a special relationship, that wouldn't happen. R-right? " she stuttered. Minho took a glance at her office card hanging on her neck, the name is Nayeon.

"You're right Nayeon you're smart. " Minho let out a small chuckle. "So like y'all knew that Miss Taerin and Bobby, like a thing? Or something? " They nodded quickly. "Are you perhaps, mad Mr Minho? " Nayeon is still stuttering. Minho shakes his head. "I'm sure that was a very long time ago. I'm with her now. That's fine I can handle this. " Minho smiled. He wouldn't want the staffs to find out that Taerin is having another affair with her own cousin.

That would just ruin their plan. People might find out that Minho and Taerin, is on a fake relationship. "Yes Mr Minho it's a long time ago but we just, talk about it everytime Mr Bobby went inside her office. Looking at Miss Taerin being with you I think it's just, not a big deal of what I saw. " Nayeon explained. Minho nodded saying it's fine to have her own conclusions.

"True Nayeon like why would Mr Minho let her fiancé kiss someone else in the cheeks right Mr Minho? " the male staff nudges him. Minho smiled a little well actually that's not his problem at all Taerin can kiss anyone that she wanted to.

"Alright enough we shall get back to our work. " Taerin suddenly walk in. They all look shocked. "What were you guys talking about?" Taerin asked, looking at Minho. "Your staffs are complimenting you." Minho smiled, showing that flirty smile of his.

"You, in my room now." Taerin said, pointing at Minho. Minho walks behind her rolling his eyes what could it be this time. Taerin then slammed the door.

"What did you said to my staffs? " Taerin crosses her arms.

Minho shakes his head playfully. "I didn't say anything. "

"Nayeon was so talkative. What's her problem? She's usually very quiet I could barely hear her voice. "

"Oh are you jealous? "

"No way I'm jealous of you Minho. Enough please go back and do your work. " Taerin yelled, sitting on her office chair.

"Kim Taerin. Be careful of what you're doing here. The staffs aren't kids." Minho said heading to the door. "What do you mean? " Minho just left her hanging. She hates that if he's just gonna ghost on her.  She hate unanswered questions.

✳️

please vote for the chapters after you've read it :(( it means so much to me!! :>