20. Sorry

Minho stretches his arms as he stepped in the house his eyes roam around looking for Taerin. He dropped by the office to fetch her after a quite long meeting with Momo just now but by the time he arrives there the office is empty. So Taerin is probably home right now he thought.

"Taerin? " Minho shouted as he climbed the stairs, walking towards the room.

He's just too excited to tell her that Momo accepted the offer already. Well it wasn't easy because she demands too much but thanks to his, handsome-self. If only outsiders find out that he make out with the CEO of Hirai Group in order to achieve what he wants, he just couldn't imagine it. She won't let Minho leave until she gets what she wanted to and it was honestly terrifying.

As Minho stand in front of Taerin's room he heard sobbing noises coming from in. He slowly open the door only to see Taerin hugging her knees, tissues everywhere on the floor.

"Taerin are you alright? "

Taerin looks up and wipes her tears away and it's probably much too late to hide it.

"I'm fine. Leave. "

"Just gonna let you know, " Minho stepped in her room.

"-Hirai Group agreed to work with us. " Minho tossed the file on her bed. Taerin took a glance at the file and look away. She nodded.

"You know you can just tell me everything. Why are you suddenly crying? " Minho said, loosing his necktie, take a seat on her bed next to her.

"No. It's nothing. "

"I say tell me. " Minho hold her, pulling Taerin closer into his arms staring right into his eyes.

Taerin just likes his warm arms, that caring side of him although he's a jerk sometimes. "Bobby. " Taerin stuttered as she wiped her eyes. Minho rolled his eyes and sigh. "I know it. What now? " Taerin hugged Minho tightly causing Minho to be startled a little. He was taken aback by her action.

Since when did she became so, clingy?

"Minho please I'm fucking sad. " Taerin said as she dive deeper into his chest causing his shirt to be wet by her tears.

"I caught him kissing a staff. They are making out and it breaks my heart. So we break up. I can't stand him. I don't tolerate cheaters. "

Minho gulped as he recalled what he did with Momo just now but to think about it frankly, there's no special relationship between him and Taerin so he's free to kiss anyone.

"Oh. So it's over now? " Taerin release the hug and nodded.

"I'm sorry for hugging you. Your shirt is wet oh my I'm sorry stupid. "

"It's okay I'm your husband after all. "

"Not my real husband. " Taerin chuckled a little. Feeling low-key disappointed by the fact that, he's not hers. The feelings did grew a little when she spends time with Minho but she tried really hard to keep it from not growing because it's going to be hard for her later on.

"Minho please we have 7 months left. I think we should, spend the time wisely shouldn't we? After 7 months we are going to split. " Minho gulped hearing Taerin's words what does she mean by that?

"I-I'm completely aware of that Taerin. You don't need to remind me and by any chances, spending time? -"

"Please make me happy for these 7 months remaining. That's just it. Not love for sure. " Taerin giggled a little she felt shy by so sudden because Minho is staring at her. He break the stares when he felt that Taerin is embarrassed by it.

He cares for her like for sure because he feels the urge to protect the girl.

Nothing more than that.

He then sighs realizing what he did with Momo just now was just too embarrassing thus a married man like him? What if Momo go around the office spreading the word about it? But she's not that type of person he thought.

"Well alright? " Minho raised his eyebrows a bit as he hesitanty laughs it away.

"And how did you managed to get Momo to agree collaborating with our company?" Taerin looks up to him who's still putting his arms around her waist. Minho moves his head a bit and flash a smile. "Just, I don't know. It's a miracle. "

"Lie. " Minho's eyes rounded that his pupils are obviously shaking. Taerin really could sense that.

"But like I'm not gonna ask any further. " Taerin rest her head on his chest hugging him tightly. It's just what she needs after a rough day. She need someone to talk to, to rely on. She's glad Minho is going along with it knowing damn well he's annoying.

Minho didn't even move a bit despite being extra tired after work today. He feels right. Now that Taerin is slowly dozing off, her head is still on his chest.

I'm sorry that we had to go through this. It was my fault that you're being treated this way. I'm really sorry Taerin and I hope we aren't going to be attached to each other too much. Remember. The contract. The contract that is going to hurt you in the end.

Minho slowly closes his eyes.

✳️

it's missing Lee know oppar time!  🙏