42. Transfer

Minho take a glance at Taerin, she couldn't stop whining ever since they got back from work. Minho tuck the strands of her hair behind her ears, revealing her sweet side profile and pouty lips.

"Baby is everything alright? " he asked, sounding very sweet and that could melt anyone.

"I have so many works I couldn't even rest for a second. " Taerin whined again, burying her face on his chest. Minho wrap his arms around her body, ruffling her soft hair. "You got this. I'm always here with you. " Minho give a light peck on her head.

"I crave for the dumplings that we had on ㅡ I don't know when but it was when we were still not cool with each other. "

"The day you were still picky thinking that you're a princess. Not wanting to eat at the roadside stall? I remember it. Clearly. " Minho chuckled but quickly turns serious as he noticed Taerin slowly releasing herself from him, frowning.

"Are you saying that I'm annoying? " Taerin yelled.

"No? "

"You're lying. I know you well Lee Minho. "

"But you're my princess now though. " Minho rubs the back of his neck. He's dead if she keeps on yelling. He somehow doesn't like it, arguing with Taerin over simple things.

"Uh I hate that I couldn't get mad at you. " Taerin nudges him.

There was a short silence because Taerin is focusing on her work. Minho stares at her, admiring her long and curled up lashes, pointy nose she's just too pretty to be his. Minho is dumb for not realising it earlier the he got himself a match made in heaven.

"Stop staring at me I'll poke your eyeballs out. " Taerin nudges him, laughing. "You're just too gorgeous to be true. " Minho said, resting his head on his palms pulling Taerin closer regardless of what she's currently doing. He doesn't care all he want is cuddle.

"Glad you actually realised that." Minho chuckled as he get teased by his wife.

"Can you like, promise me something baby? " That soft voice of his could really melt her down helplessly, like ice cream to be honest. He intertwined their fingers, holding it tightly making an eye contact with Taerin.

Taerin couldn't think of anything at the moment it's like, well fuck my works I wanna stare at this handsome man in front of me right now.

"I may be not good enough for you. I lack in everything and for sure I'm not as perfect as what you wanted as a partner, as someone you want to live with forever but please. Give me chance to prove myself I won't make you cry like how your past lovers
did ㅡ" Taerin start to sit up straight as it's getting kind of emotional. He seems to speak it, sincerely from the deepest part of the heart.

It's kind of sad.

"ㅡ promise, you'll never leave me baby? " his soft voice lingers around her ears.

"Why does it gets so emotional. " Taerin tried to shrug it off as it's getting weirder and honestly she didn't like it when he's upset.

"Promise? " Minho insist her to answer. It's like the word promise holds a thousand meaning. It's important to him, due to past experience she thought. He must have been broken so badly that he didn't want to love someone for so long.

"Of course Minho. We need to promise each other that we won't leave. No matter how hard things get. We, won't. " Taerin is kind of shaking letting out those words. Goosebumps for real she's never been so madly in love with a guy, until she met this who was once a jerk but he's an actual sweetheart.

"So, fuck the contract? "

"Yes baby. " Minho pulls her closer, brushing his lips on her as they drift away together.

"Good morning Mr Lee. " the staffs greet Minho as he bowed back to them. "Want some coffee? " Nayeon offered him, Minho nodded quickly as he take a seat.

"Oh you look so happy

"Oh you look so happy. " the staffs teased him as Nayeon placed the cup on the table. "Right Mr Lee usually you're just so grumpy in the morning." Minho raised his eyebrows now that the staffs are telling him the truth. Grumpy? Well maybe that was when he didn't have a good relationship with his wife back then.

Now that, they are like crazy about each other, he seems happier.

"I was grumpy? No I'm cheerful. Likewise. " Minho replied.

"Have you guys heard about something? " Nayeon barges in the conversation, it looks like she just remembered something exciting.

"Do you guys perhaps know Mrs Taerinㅡ I mean Mrs Lee. " Nayeon take a glance at Minho worrying that she might addressed his wife wrong but then she continued her words,  "ㅡ her cousin is transferring from New York. She will be working here. "

Minho almost choked on his drink but one of the staffs quickly pat his back lightly, asking if he's alright.

"Alright but isn't it crazy? Why would she move here? I heard that she's working fine in New York. Must be something else, right everyone?! " Nayeon accidentally yelled, too eager to know what's behind all these. Ever since Taerin's gossip with Bobby she's the first on to show interest.

"Mr Lee do you perhaps know about that? "

Minho shook his head. Well Taerin must have find out this thing but she didn't tell him. It's obviously Dahyun. Who else could it be?

Minho then sighs heavily, massaging his temple.

It's going to be tough.

Sorry for the late update readers uwu 40 votes for next chapter