More Surprises

The information Luca learned the day before weighed heavy on his mind. It was hard to believe Victor was his cousin, and his father kept the information away from them. Axel knew family meant everything to Luca, and he would have done whatever it took to get along or help the man, and if that didn't work, he would've left it as it was. Axel needed to understand the decision was up to them and how they act towards each other. It wasn't Axel right to decide and now they could only wish for the best while hoping it wouldn't make things harder to mend.

The mess frustrated Luca, but there was some good out of the situation. As of right now Victor was on his way to his home with Adele's brother which would have never happened if he didn't act so quickly. They wanted it to be a surprise... a good surprise, but now Luca had to figure out the best way to get her mother.

However, at the moment he was worried because he didn't know how Jacob would react to him taking his sister. A little over a year had passed since he last saw Adele, even if Luca didn't know. He had saved Dele from the nightmare she was about to live. Still, he had to figure out a way to tell Jacob as he sat in his office with Adele two big ass fur balls that decided to follow him besides Josie. Sadly, they had attached themselves to him, which upset Adele; now, he had to make it up to her and buy another dog. This time, it would be smaller and didn't shed as much.

Luca couldn't lie. The dogs comfort him and knew when he needed to take a break. As of now, Blu was nudging him with his wet nose, forcing him to the door, where he found Josie on the other side with her stuffed unicorn. "Shouldn't you still be in bed, Princess?"

"I couldn't find Blu and Teddy. Nana said they were with you." She smiled, calling the dogs, causing Luca to laugh. Of course, she was looking for the dogs and most of the time, he swore she loved them more than them. "So, no love for your Vati (daddy)?" Josie walked past him and then turned with a big smile until Luca picked her up, kissing all over her forehead and cheeks.

"STOP!" She giggled.

"Say the magic words, and then I'll think about it."

"Okay... okay, I love you!"

"Love you too, Princess; now take your beasts and go play." He chuckled as his mother appeared with a smile. "They're not beast, Dad. They are dogs."

"I always knew you would be a great Father one day," Obioma spoke as Josie left the room. Luca said it before, but it felt damn good to have his mother in his life. "Ja, I try my best— could you be truthful with me? Did you know about Victor?"

"Your Mother didn't know anything. The only thing she needed to know was you were okay." Axel spoke, pushing himself past Luca with Erik on his tail. "May I help you?"

"Jacob's here. We want to see how you wanted this to work out." Luca hadn't thought about that. He wanted it to be a surprise, but they needed to talk first. "I need to speak with him first. Then one of you can bring Adele to the office. Get Emma to distract her if you can." He knew Emma was the only other person besides Nova that could distract Adele. The three of them were inseparable, just like Emma and Erik were. If Emma wasn't somewhere following Adele, she was with Erik, and sometimes he hated it. It was the age gap, but they made each other happy, and that's all that mattered. "Did you need me to stay?"

"I can handle it, but thank you, Ma."

"Do you know what you're going to say to him?" Luca hummed, rubbing his beard. He thought about lying to the boy but figured that wouldn't get him anywhere. "The truth. He deserves that much." Obioma turned for the door as a light-skinned boy about the same color as the twins, and Josie walked in. He stopped in the doorway, looking confused, until Axel nicely encouraged him to take a seat.