Trapped

Astrid's POV

I knew I should've waited for Toothless, and I didn't know why on earth I left him behind, but here I am. Just me and Stormfly, like old times. 

"I don't know, girl. Why'd we leave without him?"

"Don't know any more than you do."

"And Hiccup..."

"What about him?"

"He just seems hesitant about us getting married. Do you think we're moving too fast?"

"I think you gotta give him some time, Astrid. Just 'cause he's hesitant doesn't mean he doesn't want to marry you."

"Ya. He did say that he still wanted to marry me, but what if he's not ready to settle down?"

"He knows that he can always travel with you a bit and if he so easily agreed to be chief than that means that that's not the problem."

"True... Then what's the problem?"

"Maybe he doesn't feel like he deserves you."

"I feel as if I don't deserve him."

"I think that's the only possible explanation, Ast."

"Oh! Hey! We're here!"

"Yay! Now let's get this over with!"

We circled around Drago's old base. When we saw a bunch of ships inside.

"Someone's here, girl."

"I know I can smell them."

"Fire!!" Someone shouted.

Arrows and nets came at us. Too many to dodge.

"Stormfly! Now!"

She flicked her tail at the ice and left 22 spines behind.

We fell towards the ice in a tangle of nets and ropes.

"It's okay, girl. We'll be okay. We can't do anything about this right now so act calm. Loll them into thinking you're docile. We'll be fine."

Stormfly just purred. Before everything went black on impact with the water.

Toothless's POV

I can't believe they left without me! I told them to wait!

I neared Drago's fort. Well, just great! They're already here!

I circled the fort looking for any sign of them. I came across a group of spines.

Stormfly's spines no less. Well, they're definitely here. Wait. Wasn't Astrid teaching Stormfly to spell words with her spines? Ugh! I only know a couple of words! Maybe I can sound it out?

Okay, okay. First letter... T, Second letter... What the heck is that? Is that an R? Okay, TR. Now... That's an A, right? And lastly... F? TRAF? That doesn't make sense. TRAE, maybe? Maybe it's a P? TRAP? What is a T-RA-P? Wait! A TR-AP! Of course! They just had to get caught! Well, now I know what's going on, at least.

Come on, Toothless! You can do this! You can save them! How, in the name of all the Norse gods, am I supposed to do that!

Stormfly's POV  

I woke up in a strange cage.

My first reaction was to thrash around until I remembered Astrid's words 'It's okay, girl. We'll be okay. We can't do anything about this right now so act calm. Loll them into thinking you're docile. We'll be fine.'