Mindcontrol

Night's POV

I woke up to the feeling of metal being clamped onto my wings and tail. The drowsiness was what stopped me from attacking.

The massive headache had returned as well as a new voice. It sounded ancient, conniving and powerful.

'Hello, little one.'

'Who said that?'

'I did,' a creature appeared. It was a venom-green colour. I watched as its body shifted, the surface rippling as if it was made of liquid. 'You're not wrong.'

'How so?' I asked it, not letting any of my shock show. I watched as it changed shapes, over and over and over again. 'Shifter,' I hissed at it.

'No.' It responded cooly.

'Then what are you?'

'Such a curious mind, little one. I shall have fun destroying it,' it smiled evilly and I worked hard to keep the fear inside me from showing.

'You didn't answer my question,' I responded. A mask of cold hard indifference moved into place. Shielding my innermost thoughts from him.

'An experiment. They thought that I would kill you faster, they didn't realize that what they did gave me a mind of my own...'

'Really,' I replied in a bored tone and it frowned at me.

'I am stronger than you, little dragon,' it snarled at me. 'My ancestors have been used to destroy your kind for centuries.' I rolled my eyes in amusement. This was too easy. 'Dragon root and Dragon's downfall have killed your kind and now I shall finish their duty through you,' it stated finally.

'Cool,' I faked a yawn. 'So you're like a mix between Dragon root and Dragon's downfall?' I asked in a flat tone.

'Yes, I am. Although, they called me the true downfall of dragons.'

'You need a better name than that. How 'bout Deadly Downfall?'

'That is completely redundant. And off-topic.'

'True Downfall, then? Oh! How's this? Deadly Dragon root? Dragon Eliminator? Death of the Dragons! Ummm... Dragon Mindcontrol? Mind-seizure? Mindcontroller-?'

'ENOUGH! It doesn't matter. I am going to kill everyone you love! And I'm going to make you watch it! I should've made you watch as I killed that grey Night Fury! That would have broken you, especially after that one, what was her name? Right! Vera! Attacked us right afterwards. What did she shout...?'

'Blackmoon.'

'Right. Him. I went right for the throat. And he's dead.'

I looked up at the creature in front of me, 'You shouldn't have done that.'

'Why not? I mean sure we're trapped and all now, but still.'

'Because Vera and I... we won't rest until you are dead." Copying Vera's positioning and movements. I flared my wings, narrowed my pupils, swung my tail side-to-side, bared my teeth, flattened my ears, flexed my claws and snarled dangerously.

It took a step back in understanding. You didn't take my mind and kill my brother and expect to get away with it. 

But I wouldn't make any moves. Not yet. Not until I understood this creature. What was the saying that my father always said?

Keep your friends close... and your enemies closer.

Oh. I would keep it close, alright. And then when I knew its every move. I would keep to the shadows, silent and invisible. Then when it forgot I existed... When I knew its every move... That's when I would strike. Deep and true.