The Cliff

Vera's POV

It had only been a month since I came here. I was watching Arvid, carefully, as he teased Trygve. A snarl rose in my throat as he punched Trygve before sorrow flooded through me. 

"Argh!" I shouted before kicking my training dummy so hard that it flew across the stadium.

How can siblings act like that when mine is dead? I thought as I collapsed onto my knees.

"Hey, Val," Solfrid said as she knelt beside me. I didn't respond. "How are you?" she asked me.

"How can they act like that towards each other?" I asked her.

"Who acts like what?" she asked for clarification.

"Trygve and Arvid, they act like they hate each other. They are so lucky," I told her.

"Do you not have a sibling?" I shook my head.

"Then why are you so angry. Surely, you understand," she asked me.

"I don't. It was all my fault. I-I could've saved him. I-If I h-had only... H-he would b-be alive."

"Who would still be alive?" she asked.

"Svartrmàni, my older brother, was killed three years ago," I told her. "My siblings and I haven't been the same since."

"I... am... so sorry, Val," she said. But her words were lost as the world spun around me as it faded to a fog.

*Hallucination*

"There is no getting him back!" the voice snarled. "You will all die by the end of this!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" I snarled.

Then he was dying again. Blackmoon lying with his throat slashed.

"S-save h-him, Vera," he whispered to me.

The rage in me pounded through my veins.

Then I was in that cabin, forcing myself to get up. Forcing myself to move. 

"You will never get away from me, Vera!" David shouted.

"He's dead. I killed him. You could've saved him. You only had to be brave enough to attack me sooner. You're weak!"

*End of Hallucination*

The hand on my shoulder was a threat. Everything was a threat. A knife was in my hand as I stabbed the hand. I felt it enter my shoulder as a cry of pain sounded.

"Everybody back up!" The knife in my hand flew towards the voice. "Don't make a noise!" they shouted. Another three flew towards them.

'Eliminate them all! 'the dark thing in my head whispered. 

I shook my head, trying to dislodge the voice. Threat!

The scrape of a boot had another knife flying.

"How many knives does she have on her!" someone shouted. More of my knives flew towards them.

"More than twenty!" someone else shouted. The shadows around me were blurry as I searched for an exit. "Now, shut up!"

'Just kill them... Your life will be so much easier...' the thing whispered.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted. I gripped my hair tightly as I fell to my knees. "Blackmoon," I whispered as his form appeared in front of me.