Revenge

Night's POV

I paced as Gale appeared. Her black hair whipped in the wind as she strode towards me.

"How did it go?" I asked her.

"They were here. Well, Cloudscale was," she said as she shifted back and stretched out.

"How do you know?" I asked. 

She hesitated. The heavy stench of disgust was flowing off of her. "They used his... for a cloak..." My eyes widened in shock and revolt. "I asked the chief where he got it from, and he said that they killed him."

"I oughtta kill them all," I growled. She nodded in agreement. "You want to kill them?" I asked her in disbelief. She was normally so gentle and kind.

"Verr loved him deeply. He was planning to ask her to be mates. And I know she would've said yes," she replied. I nodded. 

"Where do you think Vera is?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know, Night," she replied. "I guess we'll just have to ask them when we destroy them all," she stated.

"Yeah. I guess we will..." I said in a whisper.

"Night? What if... What if they killed her, too?" she asked so softly that I barely heard her. "What will we tell Aurora? Our parents? What are we going to do? I miss Moony so much. I don't want Verr to leave, too."

"I don't know. I guess we can only keep going. At least, for Aurora, if not for each other." She nodded slowly.

"Yeah. It just hurts so much," she mumbled.

"I know. Is that why you've been more violent lately?" I asked her slowly.

She shrugged. "Maybe. I have no idea," she replied. "Let's think of a plan."

The rest of the evening was spent thinking of ways to seek revenge on the Meatheads.

It was the next day when we stood on the outskirts of the village. A dozen dragons waited deeper in the trees, ready in case we needed back-up.

Nightengale's honey skin stuck out amongst the tanned Vikings. Her blue and green eyes sparkled in grief and anger as she strode into the village.

I stuck by her side, one of her hands resting on my shoulder.

The first Vikings were in shock, but their confusion quickly turned to aggression.

"What are you doing here with that devil!" someone shouted.

Her answer was a knife to his stomach. "That is what happens when you call my brother a devil," she snarled.

More people went to attack us, but before they could even make a move, they were dead.

"Nóskà, what is the meaning of this?" a man asked. I looked him over. He was tall and easily more muscular than my Uncle Rowan. His shoulder-length black hair framed his face. My eyes caught on the axe at his waist before drifting to the cloak he wore.

I snarled at the scales of my friend. There was no mistaking the scent coming off them as his, as Cloudscale's.

"I know, brother. I feel the same," she said.

"Brother?" the man asked.

"Oh. My apologies," she snarled. "Where are my manners? This is Night, my younger brother. Night, this is the son of the man who murdered Cloudscale. Introductions are done with, I'd like to get onto business," she growled lowly.