Twenty Seven

Joshua swung the door open to his room as he closed all the windows. He knew the gods could here hear him right now. But they refused to respond, so Joshua was going to go to them.

"Plz work." Joshua prayed as he sat on his knees as he tightly gripped his angel locket as the world faded to a hazy white.

"Hong Jisoo. What are you doing here?"  A powerful voice asked, so powerful Joshua didn't want to look up.

"What are you planning?" Joshua asked still not looking up. "You know what you are causing between us all."

“You've seen their nightmares come alive. You've seen their sweetest dreams blossom and die.” Joshua said finally looking up even though he couldn't directly see their face.

"You've seen it all before. So why do you build us up to crumble and fall?” He asked still not getting any sort of response in return.

The whiteness faded as he appeared back in his dorm room. He huffed in annoyance as he tried again. “Give me strength and gratitude. Tell me what it is I can ask of you. Tell me what it is that I can't see.” He prayed as he gripped onto his locket.

“Tell me now, oh, tell me now who it is I'm supposed to be.” He said as he was brought back to heaven.

  He was going to try again. “You've given us a glimpse of paradise, of what will be our sweet demise. You've given us everything and nothing at all.” This time his vision fadded more quickly.

He was back in his dorm room once again. He wanted to keep trying till he got an answer, or any sort of response from the gods.

He was about to try again, but he was already too tired to even move. "Dammit." He cures as he lays down on his back, breathing heavily.

“Joshua!” Vernon gasps as he kneels down to hover over the older. “Oww.” Joshua groans clutching his right eye which had his mark, in his palm.

“Are you okay?” Vernon asked softly and Joshua rolls to his side to sit up with the help of Vernon.

“Something is either wrong with me, or the gods, they can't make up my mind.” Joshua breathes out as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

“Are you sure it’s the gods that can’t make up their mind?” Vernon asked.