Chapter 37 - 'Breaking Hearts Is What I Do.'

"Wolfgang daggered Rebekah, so the family part of the prophecy is over. All that is left is for one of you to fall by friend and foe. You and Niklaus have many, many foes." Freya said as she recounted the recent events.

"Just one or two." Elijah said and the witch nodded. Freya crossed her arms and let out a sigh.

"Thankfully, you and Niklaus do not have many friends."

"This is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Klaus announced as he, Wolfgang and Stefan entered the compound, "He's a trickle down sireling, long story."

Freya narrowed her eyes at Stefan, taking him in. Wolfgang smiled at her mistrust, knowing that it was well-placed.

"An old friend, huh?"

"Depends on your definition." Stefan replied and Klaus smiled. The hybrid clapped him on the back as he stepped forwards.

"This is Freya, my brand-new older sister, also a long story. Stefan's in a bit of a difficult situation." Klaus explained and Freya nodded.

The witch and Stefan quickly left to deal with Rayna Cruz's mark as Elijah sighed.

"Stefan is an old friend, is he not?" Elijah questioned and Klaus shook his head, "Stefan isn't a threat. Perhaps your lapdog, Marcel, is? After all, he did give the Strix Jackson's heart."

"Marcel isn't who we should worry about." Wolfgang defended, "Lucien has been absent for a long time, perhaps he is plotting an attack of his own?"

Klaus was about to answer when Elijah's phone rang. The Original pulled it out and answered.

"I see." Elijah said to the person on the other end, "We'll be there shortly."

Elijah hung up the phone and turned to Klaus and Wolfgang. He smiled slightly as he adjusted his sleeves.

"That was Hayley. The wolves have found Aurora."

**********

Klaus approached the vehicle with Wolfgang and Elijah behind him. Aya turned and the trio smiled.

"Absconding with Aurora, are we?" Wolfgang asked and Klaus smiled, "Keep her, she's more trouble than she's worth. But, we do want something from among her possessions."

"I assume you mean this?" Aya asked, pulling out Aurora's gun. She pointed it at Elijah but the Original sighed.

"The creator destroyed by his creation. It is quite poetic." Elijah mused, "But, kill me and you die."

"For now. How about this?" Aya replied as she pointed the gun at Wolfgang. The vampire smiled and stepped closer, "That won't kill me."

"But I am aware of what it'll do to you." Aya said before she pointed the gun at Klaus. The hybrid shook his head, sighing.

"I'm tired of having that vile weapon pointed at me."

"I was just keeping you talking." Aya said. From behind them, Cynthia, one of the Sisters, appeared and began chanting.

Wolfgang stepped forwards before the spell took effect and he dropped to the ground as Klaus and Elijah did the same.

**********

Wolfgang awoke to find himself stood in a room that spoke of affluence. He sighed as Elijah and Klaus joined him.