46

"J-Jungkook."  Taehyung stutters eyes wide in disbelief, finally having come to his senses. He must've felt it too, the end of whatever they are.

No, no. It can't be the end. They're mates, they can't end like this. Things were well. It was okay. Everything was okay. They were having fun, it was okay.

Grabbing at the wound Jungkook shakes his head. "No, it's fine." He chokes out. "Nothing happened!" Panic is rising from inside of him, unsure of what to do. It can't be that he rejected Taehyung. They have been through so much, it can't end here. He won't let it end here.

"I-it's okay." He says wiping at the tears.

The elder just stares at him for a second. Eyes wide and filled with something he can't name. Both of them felt it, both of them know it.

"Jungkook." The alpha reaches forward. Not threateningly or aggressively at all, yet Jungkook flinches, pushing himself against the wall in fear.

"What have I done." Taehyung says tears coming to his eyes as he stares down at his hands, only to he turn around and rush off.

"Taehyung no!" Jungkook cries, trying to reach for the alpha but his wolf stops him, the creature's fear making it more powerful than ever. So instead he slumps against the wall, not caring about the blood trickling out of the wound or anything in the world.

His heart feels torn. He feels like he just lost a part of himself. He lost his alpha. His mate.

Crying his eyes out he's startled by a soft voice speaking up.

"K-Kookie?" His head snaps up, he had forgotten about Yoongi being there. The kid must be scared after all that screaming. "Are you hurt?"

Jungkook shakes his head. Wiping at his tears before forcing a smile. "No. I'm not hurt, I'm fine." He manages to force out. "We— uhm, we were just doing some grown up stuff." His voice is hoarse and barely above a whisper.

"You're bleeding." The kid yells in panic, tears welling in his eyes as he runs over to the omga. Slamming himself against the elder as he cries. "Don't die! I love you!"!

Jungkook screws his eyes shut as he hugs the kid close. Silent tears falling down his face as he fights the storm going on inside of him. He needs to call Jin, tell him Yoongi is here but he can't expose himself. He can't tell him what happened.

"I'm not going to die." He says, voice broken and filled with sadness. "I'm okay, I'm fine. We're fine."

Yoongi pulls back from the hug, cupping the elder's face. "Don't cry, please never cry again." The ten year old says, bursting into tears himself. Stressed by the situation and the fact that there's blood on his crush.

"Crying is not bad Yoongs, I'm okay. Look I'm smiling." He says before showing a fake smile which in no way convinces the kid.

"I will protect you." The kid promises looking as distressed as ever.

"Do you really want to?" Jungkook asks, looking at the younger with a serious look on his face, watching as he nods.

"Then you don't tell anyone, what happened here today."