❤️ 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 {𝗡𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗶 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘅}

🔥

1984

Nikki had been sitting on the sofa for the last 3 days, not eating, hardly talking, certainly not sleeping- he looked like he was about to die of exhaustion.

He'd been having a bad case of writers block, not being able to write songs for the latest album the boys were working on and seems as Nikki was the main writer he had put himself under immense pressure to create new songs.

I was going to try and help him de-stress and clear his head so he can write again but first I had to get him to cooperate, so after much internal debate over how to get Nikki to listen I just decided to keep it lowkey- I just stood infront of him and cleared my throat.

At first I got no response, but then Nikki after a few seconds then glances at me briefly letting me know he heard me and when he did he looked like he was almost on the verge of tears and it broke my heart "Nikki... come on hun, let's have some dinner, yeah? You look like you're about to pass out"

"I'm fine" he mumbles not bothering to even look up this time as he writes a few words down then let's out a frustrated sigh before scribbling whatever he'd written out.

"Please, you're worrying me now, Nik... just take 5 minutes" I begged now standing directly over him.

Nikki finally looked at me properly, his eyes were tired and red, his face was pale and he had dark circles under his eyes- he then shook his head wide eyed "I can't, I have to do this, Y/N... I've got Vince and the label breathing down my neck, we've got to get this album done and seems as I'm the only one who properly writes it's all down to me and I-I-..." Nikki says his words picking up in pace the more he speaks and the break between his breathing lessens.

I lift up the paper from on his lap and chuck it onto the floor before sitting myself next to him pulling his rigid and tense body into my arms, placing my head on top of his.

"It's okay.. calm down... you need to stop pressuring yourself to write"

"E-everyones relying on me, I-I don't wanna be a disappointment" he worried aloud causing me to sigh and run my hand through his hair, massaging his scalp.

"You're not going to be a disappointment.. you work you ass off writing lyrics, it's natural to have writers block it happens, Nikki."

"Writings one of the the only things I'm good at... if I can't do it then what good am I? I'm just useless" I knew by Nikki's tone he believed that, he'd always been told my his so called mother and step-fathers he was useless and good for nothing which is bullshit and it physically hurt to hear Nikki talk himself down like this.

"You're not useless." I told him firmly, gripping into him even tighter "You never have been, don't you dare ever say anything like that again, you're so talented Nik, you really are. I love you so much."

"I love you too... but I'm so fucking stressed right now and I don't know what to do"

I place a kiss into his hair and nudge him lightly. "Come with me" I said as an idea came into my head.

Nikki looked at me through his long black hair, his eyes swirling with uncertainty. In his heart he wanted to follow me, I saw it in his eyes but his brain told him to stay and finish the song "You know I can't, I gotta finish th-"