Chapter 9

I got changed into some comfortable clothes and headed downstairs to an impatient Ian, "Took you long enough", he groaned.

I rolled my eyes at him ignoring his snarky comment as I walked into the kitchen to get something quick to eat.

All that thinking earlier made me regain my appetite, I found some leftover waffles and bacon in the fridge from this morning so I placed them in the microwave and waited for the timer to go off.

"Ian! How are we going to get to the bowling alley?", I yelled out since we didn't have a means of transportation yet.

He walked into the kitchen with a bag of potato chips in hand as he sat opposite me at the kitchen table, "There's what they call a bus and a bus ticket which takes people to their desired location", he replied with his mouthful .

"I was afraid you'd say that", I mumbled, "You've been eating a lot of junk food than usual lately, you good?", I asked concerned about his recent unhealthy eating habits.

He simply shrugged his shoulders before shaking out the remaining contents of the bag into his mouth downing it with a canned soda, he let out a satisfied burp before giving me a creepy smile which just made me shake my head at him.

I went and stood in front of the microwave as I thought about our upcoming bus ride, I have never been a fan of public transportation but I wasn't one to complain either, the microwave dinged snapping me out of my thoughts and I got out my little snack and devoured it in record time, at least that's what Ian said.

We left a note on the fridge for our mom and Nana stating where we are going and when we'd be back before heading out the front door.

We walked a few blocks down the street of the house towards the bus stop and waited for the next bus to arrive. A few minutes later the bus pulled in, before we knew it we were at the bowling alley.

I walked into that place as the stench of competition hit me hard, I looked around and it was pretty obvious that some people were trying to win a bet amongst themselves, some were trying to show off natural skills, while others were playing for the fun of it.

I walked closely behind Ian as we made our way to the counter so he could pay for our session and shoes, when we got there I was stricken by the girl behind the counter.

She was about my height, if not a bit shorter, but she looked like someone who was way over their 20s. She had curvy hips that'll put any girl to shame and when she smiled at us, it revealed a mark of a cute side dimple with a beauty spot beneath her prominent cheek bones.

The girl was so pretty I had an insecure moment, she looked like someone who just crawled out of a fashion catalogue. Like that wasn't bad enough, I looked at her name tag and it read 'Chanel', of course it only makes sense for someone who looks as good as her to have a designer name.

Even though I wasn't liking her much, her attitude towards us and the fact that she was pretty welcoming and nice showed she might not be as bad as I thought.

"Hi! Welcome to Shellys Bowling Alley, what sizes can I get you?", She beamed.

Ian looked at me as if asking if I still wore the same shoe size and I nodded in confirmation before he turned back to the girl.

"A size 8 and a 11 and half please", she nodded her head and went to the shoe rack behind her.

I used the opportunity to scan the place for a perfect location for Ian and I, not long I found one that had couches surrounding the pinspotter and a clear distance away from all the drama in the alley. We got our bowling shoes after Ian paid for our session and changed into them.