Chapter 40

Belle Matthews

I love Sundays, not only is it the one day in a week that family actually spend good quality time together and with good behavior, but it's a time where I see my Nana shine out, especially when I get to go for service.

My Nana is an ordained pastor in Fresno Church, it's something she looked forward to every week.

She spent most of her daily hours napping and at the retirement home, but every evening after dinner she always drove to the church for Bible meetings and weekday services.

It's no surprise my Grandad had a huge impact in our families religious life, I'm just glad we carried it on.

Well like I was saying, Sunday's here and it marked the beginning of a new week, sadly it's also my last day in Fresno.

The past week for me has been torture filled and I just want to pretend like it never happened.

Thankfully I hadn't bumped bodies with Chanel again, mainly because none of my friends left me alone until I was in bed.

Ian and Cole had them all watching me like a hawk, we hadn't heard anything from Elijah either.

Elijah was the only other guy who knew about the entire thing and said he'd tell us as soon as Jasmine said a word about it.

The last time we spoke to him, which was two days ago, he told us he 'subtly' asked Jazz about it but she said she wasn't sure what he was talking about, meaning she doesn't know anything.

We were all now starting to think we've underestimated Chanel, what if she knew Jasmine was a blabbermouth and she decides not to peep a word to her?

For the sake of my life, I was praying that wasn't true.

My family and I walked up the church steps just in time to see the Wright family making their way in, I agree there was a larger turn out today because schools were opening this week so the church was packed for a special service but I never guessed that'll be a reason for Cole to clad up in formal wear.

He had on black jeans, no surprise there, a silk white shirt with two buttons down under a Maroon blazer and brown leather worthy Italian shoes, he was oozing sexiness as usual with his hair curlier than ever.

I walked a little faster than everyone else to catch up to him, when I did he smiled down at me as we slid into a pew a few rows from the front.

Cole's and I's family always sat together at church, my parents loved interacting with his grandparents, mainly because his family were an absolute vibe.

"Well you look dashing this morning young sir", I complimented.

I almost missed it but I saw the faint glow of a blush on his cheeks, he gave me a coy smile looking away embarrassed before looking back at me, "I think you already beat me on that", he whispered in my ear making me flutter.

I looked down to my simple black flared dress with lace sleeves, it was one of my favorite gifts from my Nana, "Thank you", I smiled at him.

"How's your head?", he asked.

I rolled my eyes at him, I was sure I was asked that question a million and one times in the past four days, like I said, I just wanted to forget about the whole drama.

"I'm fine Cole, I told you the same thing when you texted me this morning", I pointed jokingly.

He rolled his eyes playfully at me before facing forward as the opening procession began.

I sat next to Cole who was at the end of the pew by the walkway and Ian sat next to me, then my parents, then Coles grandparents.

Ian leaned down to whisper something in my ear and I moved closer to him to hear what he had to say, "You might want to turn down that blushing smile a notch, you're looking a bit too excited for an opening procession", he joked.