40-

It was a surprise for both of you to find Caitlin at the door at 4 am in the morning, what the hell was she doing here? You asked yourself…. You can see the sweat dripping from Justin’s face as if he didn’t want her to be here…. “hey Justin, sorry if I bothered you, I heard what happened and just wanted to make sure everything’s ok, since you came and visited me in hospital, thought I’d return the favour, I’m guessing you’re the famous Jess?” she said as she turned her head towards you…. “urmm yes I’m Jess and you are?”…. “you don’t know me? Oh well I’m Ca-”… “urm Jess this is Caitlin a close friend of mine”…. Justin cut off Caitlin afraid she’ll say anything stupid…. “and his EX girl friend” Caitlin added…. “Caitlin what are you doing here? You know its 4 am right? How did u even find out?”…. “it doesn’t matter how I found out, what important is that I came to visit, I’m sorry you lost the baby” she said as she put on a fake frown, you wanted to get up and slap her… Justin can see where this was leading too, it was the one thing he didn’t want to happen… “err Caitlin we didn’t lose the baby, Jess only got injured on the head”…. “oh, I thought… that… she … lost it, my bad, well I’m glad you’re both ok” she put on a fake smile again, Justin’s heart was beating so fast afraid of the trouble she might cause, but he told you that they were only friends… does she still like him? What if he still does, could he be cheating on you with her because it looked like he was so nervous. Scenarios flooded into your mind and you didn’t know what was going on inside his head, all you knew was that it looked like he wanted her to just get out of here… “Justin can I speak to you for a moment please” …. She asked him as if I didn’t even exist… Justin gulped and hesitated as he agreed to go out and speak with her… “baby I’ll be right back” he said as he slowly let go of your hand.

They went outside and closed the door behind them, why couldn’t they just talk in front of me, what possible secrets do they have? You were eager to know what they were saying so you slowly got up and stood behind the door, your head felt so heavy but you still managed to get up…

“Justin you know our relationship isn’t over, we still love each other, just because of a little mistake I did, doesn’t mean we leave each other” …as you heard those words come out of her mouth you’re heart stopped, you were scared of Justin’s reply to her, what feelings could he have for her, no he loves me with all his heart… you leaned more over the door to hear what he would say….. “Caitlin stop dreaming what’s between us is OVER ok? We’ve been separated for a year, I moved on, why don’t you? I love Jess and we have a baby coming in the way, please can we just be friends”…. “JUSTIN DON’T FUCKIN TELL ME JUST FRIENDS, YOU DIDN’T EVEN COME VISIT ME AGAIN AT THE HOSPITAL, HOW CAN YOU LOVE THAT BITCH OVER ME? WE WERE MEANT TO BE FOREVER” Caitlin started yelling….. “shut the hell up, she’ll hear you, just go Caitlin we’ll talk later, now isn’t the right time, I don’t even know how they let you in, visiting times are over at this time, I can call security right now”…… “call security for me, oh I’ll make it easier and leave but just to let you know that I’m not gonna let her take you away from me, I know you still have feelings for me and DON’T regret that.” She yelled…. Suddenly everything was silent all you can hear is her heels stamping across the hall way as the sound fades away, you ran back to your bed as you heard the door slowly open…. “you heard everything right?” Justin asked looking troubled….. “yes I did” you slowly nodded your head… “please don’t get upset, her brain is fucked up, an-” you cut him off… “justin I don’t care, I can’t control her feelings towards you and neither can you, but I just wanna ask you one question and don’t lie to me…. Do you still have feelings for her? Even if it’s just a little bit?”….. “NO, of course I don’t but I don’t hate her, she’s a really close friend of mine and her bro is my bro, so I can’t hurt her feelings”…. “oh I see, well good night Justin, I’m really tired and we’re leaving tomorrow morning so you get some sleep as well”…. You said as you turned your back around, wanting to end this conversation…. “fine I see how it is” Justin said as he got up to lay on the couch, he felt torn between 2, Caitlin was really close to him, he didn’t want to hurt her feelings and you were everything to him, he didn’t know what to do.

You both finally fell asleep until the sun light beamed in through the window and you were woken up by one of the doctors knocking on the door…. Justin was startled and yelled “come in”, you woke up by Justin’s voice….. “how are we doing today Jess, feeling better?” the doctor said as he wrapped your arm with the blood pressure monitor… “I’m feeling a lot better, does that mean I can go now? I’m really bored of hospitals, it feels like I spend more time here than my own home” you said as you rubbed your eyes… “yes of course you can leave, I’m just gonna do quick check up on your blood pressure and make sure everything’s ok” the doctor smiled… suddenly you were disturbed by Chris coming in with a bag… “hey man, didn’t you have recording at the studio this morning?” Justin asked him looking surprised… “yeah but I postponed it till this afternoon, got you some change of clothes, wouldn’t want you looking like someone who’s been dragged from a paint cupboard, and Jess I got you something too, I hope it’s your size”…. “ah thanks man, you’re the best” Justin gave Chris a hug and went to get changed while the doctor was done checking your blood pressure… You loved Chris, he was like the brother you’ve always wanted.

After the doctor left and wrote you permission to leave, you and Justin got everything ready, while Chris waited in the car for you both. As soon as you stepped outside of the hotel you can see the flashing lights and paparazzi, of course they knew about last night, everything spreads so fast these days, it’s like they’re always looking for something to gossip about, why can’t they just leave us alone, you thought… Justin held your hands tight and headed towards the door, he saw Kenny waiting at the hotel door, you both looked surprised, he was meant to be in Atlanta for the weekend to finish of some stuff with scooter…. “when did you come back?” Justin asked him in surprise… “man I took the first flight to Canada as soon as I found out what happened, Chris phoned me”…. “well I’m glad you’re here, I’ll tell you everything later, just help us get out of here” …. Kenny helped you get through the crowd as you held tight onto Justin’s arm, questions about your pregnancy and accidents were thrown at you from everywhere, you heard some hate and insults which hurt you a little but you learnt to stay strong and deal with it.