XVI

"Are you planning to stay in bed all day?" Hisoka tugs on my shirt. 

"There's a shapeshifter in the Zoldyck's torture room that got past the testing gate. got into my house and most likely knows us well, if I stay in bed I don't have to deal with it," I groan into my pillow. He tries to pull me into him, but it proves a bit difficult since I'm holding onto the edge of the bed with my hand and feet. My attempt to hold on fails since he starts to tickle my sides causing me to release my hold on the bed giving him the opportunity to pull me on top of him. "I hate you," I mumble through the pillow I pulled with me. 

"You know that's not true," He chuckles one of his hands on my lower back under my shirt, his thumb moving back and forth against my skin. The contact of his cold hands against my warm skin gives me chills. 

"Whatever you say, clown," Maybe if I go back to sleep, I don't have to deal with reality today. I hardly slept last night, I just kept tossing and turning and I don't know why. The only little sleep I got was when I fell asleep on top of Hisoka on the sofa. After that, I don't know what the fuck happened. Nothing I did helped me sleep. Plus Hisoka seemed pretty deep in his sleep so I didn't wanna disturb him. 

"You could take the day off, and leave everything to Illumi, Eva, and I," As tempting as that offer is, I can't.

"I can't let you do that, didn't you have plans for today?" I throw the pillow back onto the bed and snuggle my face in the crook of his neck. 

"Nothing I can't reschedule," As tempting as the offer is, there's a family I need to save. 

"It's alright, I'll manage," Somehow. "I'm good staying just like this too," He chuckles and kisses the top of my forehead. He pulls the blanket over us with his other hand that was previously under his head then wraps it around me. Guess I'm staying in bed a little longer, yay. 

"We got a problem," Should have known it was too good of a moment to be real. 

"Correction brother, you have a problem. And it's that you have the worst timing possible," 

"It involves your latest toy and the girls-" No other words needed, I use flash step to get out of bed and end up directly in front of him.

"What about my girls?" 

"The backyard-" Before he could say anything else, I portal downstairs to see for myself. I know they're protected by the threads, but still, this bitch just signed their death certificate. 

"Good morning tramp," The bitch, still disguised as me has both my girls tied in chairs on either sides of them. The conditions I placed on them were that it would protect them if I wasn't around, seeing that I am, it may not work. I should probably reset the conditions of their threads. 

Anger floods me like a raging tsunami watching the cocky bastard with a grin on their face. It must be fueling Kai's powers since I can feel my body starting to tingle and warm-up violently as I walk closer towards them. I notice Reya's and Athena's eyes previously filled with fear is replaced with shock as they look towards me. I  may be sleep-deprived, I may still have those meds in my system but you don't mess with my family.

"Oh no, one more step and she loses her head," The cheap copy of me brings a knife to Athena's neck, their eyes flooded with panic. Before they could even touch her skin with that jagged old blade, I flash behind them and break their arm. They manage to escape my grip and retreat towards the forest line, putting some distance between us. 

I cut the girls out of their seats and portal them to Illumi. Now that they're safe, I can kill this mother fucker. Slowly turning to face them, they seem panicked and terrified. Come to think of it the girls shared an expression almost similar to that when I started feeling that warm tingly feeling bubbling inside me. The copycat reaches behind their back to pull out a few shurikens and throws them at me. I catch each one without any effort.