Chapter 7

It was two and a half months later, and Santana and Brittany had both graduated high school. There were some concerns that Brittany wasn't going to make it, but she had pulled it out of the bag in the end. Maybe getting caught at Finn's party and being forced to do extra studying was a blessing in disguise. They had spent a fun summer with all of their friends, enjoying life with no responsibilities before they became college girls. Puck was well and truly out of the picture, but Brittany and Sam had become an official item. Santana didn't know how that was going to work being that Brittany was about to move to New York and Sam was staying in Lima, but Brittany didn't seem too fazed, so she figured it was none of her business.

Santana opened her front door, having just come back from visiting her Abuela, when she noticed a letter for her on the floor. She immediately recognised the NYU postmark and her heart skipped a beat. Her and Brittany had both been waiting for their acceptance letters, so they could finally go and live their dreams in New York. They hadn't even considered a back-up option, it had to be New York, because it was always New York. Now the letter was here in front of Santana, she wasn't feeling so certain. Her fate lay underneath this envelope, what if it was a rejection? Unable to wait any longer she ripped open the envelope and unfolded the letter.

Dear Miss Lopez,

Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that you have been offered admission to the New York University School of Law...

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Santana screamed in excitement, before running out to her car, letter in hand. She had to show Brittany.

She arrived at her door 5 minutes later and hammered on it excitedly. There was no answer, so she tried again. She felt she was going to spontaneously combust if she didn't share this news right now, so she was grateful when she heard the door handle turn, but then her face dropped.

"Oh" Santana said, as she came face to face with a topless Sam. Her stomach began to churn.

"Is...Brittany there?" she asked, not understanding why he was just standing in silence looking at her, as if it was his house she'd turned up at.

"Sorry she's erm...a bit tied up right now"

Santana frowned. Who the hell was he to think he could stop her seeing her best friend? She was about to push him out of the way and charge in when she heard Brittany's voice.

"Sam! Hurry up and get in here with me before the water gets cold" she yelled, causing Santana's eyes to grow wide. They were about to take a bath together. They'd probably just finished having sex, and by the sound of it were about to have more sex. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

"Yeah" Sam smirked, clocking on to Santana's realisation.

Santana wanted to smack the stupid smirk right off his trouty lips, but she was stopped by a wave of nausea hitting her again.

"Right, yeah, whatever, I'll call her later" Santana said, already halfway down the steps and running off to her car. Luckily there an empty McDonalds bag in the car, and Santana emptied the entire contents of her stomach into it.

When she had finished, she wiped her mouth and rolled her eyes. As much as she would like to believe it was interrupting Brittany and Sam's escapades that caused her to vomit, she knew it wasn't the case. She'd been throwing up all week. She decided to drive to a pharmacy on the way home, see if there was something they could give her for this damn sickness.

She walked into the Pharmacy, to be greeted by a young and attractive blonde girl filing her nails, she didn't even look up when Santana walked in. Santana stood patiently for a second, before realising the girl wasn't going to acknowledge her.

"Some customer service" she muttered under her breath.

"Erm excuse me?" Santana eyed the girls name badge "Quinn?"

The girl finally looked up, but not without rolling her eyes 1st.

"Yep?"

"Okay sorry but is there a manager here because you are incredibly rude, and I don't wanna have to stare at your miserable face for much longer"

"My parents own this place" Quinn scoffed "so just me for today I'm afraid. They have me working here like a slave all summer before college."

"I'm sure they'll love the fact you're practically shoving customers away with that 'tude of yours"

"They want me to help out, I'll set the terms. Now what is it?"

Santana rolled her eyes. What was this bitch's problem?

"I've been feeling sick like every day, maybe you could just give me a pill or something?"

She watched as Quinn lazily grabbed a clipboard.

"Any diarrhoea or vomiting?" asked Quinn, reading off the clipboard

"No"

"Fever?"

"No"

"Stomach cramps?"

"No"

Quinn looked up from the clipboard, asking a question off her own diagnosis.

"Well have you missed a period?"

Santana froze, as she tried to remember the last time she had her period. She had been so caught up in summer she hadn't realised. Her heart started to beat. She went to open her mouth, but no sound was coming out, so she just nodded hesitantly. Quinn raised her eyebrow, as she reached out for a small cardboard box, placing it in front of Santana.

It was a pregnancy test.

Santana began to shake her head frantically

"N..n..no"

"Virgin?" said Quinn in a surprised tone.

"No...no but I took Plan B."

"90% safe, 10%'s the catch" Quinn shrugged.

Santana suddenly felt lightheaded. She couldn't be? Surely?

Quinn's snarky attitude suddenly softened to one of sympathy, as she looked at the Latino girl in front of her. She looked terrified.

"There's a bathroom here if you want to use it" Quinn offered.

Santana took the test and disappeared into the back to use in the bathroom. She couldn't believe she was doing this. As she held the test in her hand, waiting for the time to be up, she held her thumb over the small window which would reveal her fate. She felt as if the world was underneath her thumb. It was ironic how earlier that day she'd thought the NYU letter held her fate, that all felt pretty insignificant compared to now. She looked at her watch which indicated the time was up, before staring down at her thumb with a sigh. She mentally counted down from 3, before whipping her thumb away to reveal the window.

Pregnant