The Twenty Fifth of December

christmas day

"Okay this one is for Miss Mallory." Cynthia said, handing Mallory a box wrapped in snowflake wrapping paper.

Mallory tore the paper off and smiled.

"Mommy! Look!" Mallory yelled. Zoe smiled as Mallory ran over to her mother with a lego set in her hand.

"Oh wow baby! That's so cool! What do you say to Nana and Papa?" Zoe asked. Mallory ran to her grandparents and hugged them tightly.

"Thank you Nana and Papa!" Mallory said. Cynthia and Larry smiled and Cynthia kissed Mallory's head.

"You are so welcome my love." Cynthia said smiling. Meredith reentered the room with her baby girl and Zoe smiled.

"Okay now we actually have a treat for you guys." Evan said. He handed everyone a hot chocolate bomb and a mug of hot milk.

"What's this?" Cynthia asked.

"It's our gender reveal." Zoe said, with a hand on her stomach. Cynthia gasped and Heidi smiled.

"So you gotta put the hot chocolate bomb into the mug and it'll turn either blue or pink depending on the gender of the baby." Evan explained.

Cynthia, Heidi, and Meredith eagerly put their chocolate bombs into their mugs and Larry and Connor followed. Meredith put one in Lily's mug and Zoe put one in Mallory's.

One by one the bombs melted to reveal blue powder which in turn turned the contents of all the mugs blue.

"It's a boy?" Mallory asked.

"A boy!" Cynthia gasped.

"Finally!" Larry declared. Zoe laughed and Evan kissed her.

"It's about time one of my children had a son." Larry said, standing up. Zoe kept smiling and Evan squeezed her hand and Mallory looked at her parents.

"So wait." Mallory said and Zoe and Evan looked at her.

"Yes my love?" Zoe asked.

"Does that mean we're going to have a boy around here?" Mallory asked.

"We are going to have a boy around here." Evan responded.

"Huh." Mallory said. She looked at Tia who was playing in her new ball pit.

"Tia." Mallory said. Tia looked at her big sister with wide eyes.

"Mally." Tia yelled.

"We're gonna have a brother." Mallory said. Tia smiled.

"Ba bee." Tia called. Zoe smiled and hugged Mallory.

"You're going to have a beautiful baby brother Miss Mal. And brothers can be not so fun sometimes," Zoe started, looking at Connor. "But Mommy has a brother. And Mommy wouldn't trade her brother for anyone." Zoe explained. Mallory nodded and looked at Connor and then Tia and then her mother.

"Boys are okay." Mallory decided.

"I'm glad you think boys are okay." Zoe said smiling.

"Merry Christmas baby girl." Evan said.

"Merry Christmas Daddy."