December 4th, 2019

"Mommy! We have to write my letter to Santa!" Mallory cried.

"What?" Zoe asked.

"My letter! To Santa! The one that says what I want him to bring me." Mallory reminded her mother. Zoe adjusted Tia in her arms and sighed.

"Mal, it's only the fourth of December. You have so much time!" Zoe sighed. Tia began squirming in Zoe's arms and Zoe adjusted the baby for the second time before Tia started screaming.

"Shh, it's okay T. You're okay!" Zoe soothed, gently swinging the baby back and forth. Mallory crossed her arms and looked at her mother.

"So are we gonna do it?" Mallory asked.

"Do what?" Zoe asked, still trying to get Tia to settle down. 

"Write my letter to Santa!" Mallory said loudly.

"Mallory, lower your voice please." Zoe said.

"Well are we?" Mallory asked, her voice getting louder.

"Mallory! You need to lower your voice please. I am trying to settle your sister down. If you would like to go start a letter, you know where the paper and markers are. I will come help you as soon as I get your sister settled down." Zoe said, getting frustrated. 

Mallory sighed and stomped into the office. She grabbed a piece of paper and a purple marker and sat at the kitchen table and uncapped the marker.

"Dear Santa,..."

+++

"Okay baby girl, what have you got so far?" Zoe asked, sitting beside Mallory.

Mallory slid the list over to Zoe, who read over it quickly and smiled.

"It looks like a good list Mal. Can you read it to me?" Zoe asked, adjusting the baby sling.

Mallory took the list back and looked at it.

"Dear Santa, I hope your year was really good. I've been a really good girl this year and these are some things that I would like for Christmas. A Playmobil house, some new Playmobil characters, a new play kitchen, and a new doll. Love Mallory Hansen." Mallory read.

"Sounds good sweetheart! Do you want Mommy to rewrite it for you before we put it in the mail?" Zoe asked. 

Mallory nodded and Zoe grabbed a new piece of paper and started writing the letter out again. After she was done, she folded it up and put it in an envelope. She wrote the address on the envelope and handed it to Mallory. 

"Okay, seal it up!" Zoe said. Mallory licked the envelope and stuck on the stamp.

"Perfect. Now when Daddy gets home, we can mail it." Zoe said. 

Mallory hugged her mother tightly and Zoe sighed.

"I'm sorry I snapped Mallory." Zoe said.

"It's okay Mommy. I'm sorry I was yelling." Mallory said.

"I love you Mal." Zoe said.

"I love you Mommy."