December 11th, 2019

Zoe woke up to the ringer of her email. She groaned and looked at the message. 

"Attention parents, we are emailing to inform you that due to the weather conditions, we will be cancelling classes and closing the schools for the day. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely the faculty of Eastside Elementary."

Zoe groaned and tapped Evan. 

"Baby, Mal's school is closed for today." Zoe groaned.

"Snow day?" Evan asked, not opening his eyes.

"Yeah." Zoe asked, burying her face in Evan's chest.

"Want me to stay home?" Evan asked.

"I'm fairy sure I can handle the girls." Zoe said.

"No, of course you can. But Mallory is going to be fidgety and stir crazy. And Tia is a handful." Evan said. Zoe sighed.

"You're right. Can you stay home?" Zoe asked.

"Of course. Let me text Val." Evan said, grabbing his phone. Zoe smiled and rested her head on Evan's chest, falling back asleep.

+++

"Mommy, you're still asleep. And Daddy is here. But I'm not at school." Mallory said, poking Zoe's forehead.

"Snow day baby. Daddy is staying home to help Mommy with both of you." Zoe said, sitting up. Mallory smiled.

"Daddy and I are going to play in the snow. Wanna come?" Mallory asked.

"Well, Mommy needs to feed Tia and keep an eye on her. I'll be sure to pop out though, okay?" Zoe said. Mallory nodded and ran out of the room. Evan walked into the room with a plate and Tia in his arms.

"I have breakfast and a baby for my stunning wife." Evan said, putting the plate on the bedside table and putting Tia in Zoe's arms.

"There's my precious girl." Zoe cooed. Tia smiled and started babbling, putting her fist in her mouth.

"Okay, I'm going to take Mal outside. Are you okay in here?" Evan asked. Zoe nodded, snuggling Tia close to her body.

"Love you." Evan said, kissing her forehead. Zoe smiled.

"I love you."