16/12/18

"Hey, Mal?" Zoe asked.

"Yes Mama?" Mallory asked, looking at her mother.

"Do you want to go to the mall and see Santa?" Zoe asked. Mallory gasped and nodded.

"Santa!" Mallory said nodding. Zoe smiled.

"Okay perfect, I'll grab Daddy and we can head out." Zoe said. Mallory started jumping up and down and Zoe smiled.

"Get your boots on sweetheart, I'll be down soon." Zoe said. Mallory nodded and Zoe walked upstairs.

"Hey baby, what's up?" Evan asked as Zoe walked into their bedroom.

"Mallory and I are going to visit mall Santa. Wanna come?" Zoe asked. Evan nodded and got up. He walked towards Zoe and kissed her.

"Sounds fun." Evan said smiling. Zoe smiled and kissed Evan again before the pair turned and walked downstairs.

+++

"Mommy, this line is taking too long." Mallory whined. Zoe picked her up and Mallory rested her head on Zoe's shoulder.

"I know baby girl. But we're almost at the front!" Zoe said, pointing to the front of the line. Evan smiled and started playing with one of Mallory's pigtails.

"What are you telling Santa that you want?" Evan asked. Mallory shrugged.

"Remember the list we made a while ago? Dollhouse, Bitty Baby, and new food for your kitchen?" Zoe reminded her. Mallory nodded and they got to the front of the line. Zoe smiled.

"Look Mal, we really almost there!" Zoe said. Mallory instantly perked up and looked in front of her. A woman dressed like an elf was ushering her forward and Zoe walked towards Santa. Mallory was put on his lap and her eyes widened.

"Now have you been a good girl?" Santa asked. Mallory nodded, she was fairly confident that she'd been good.

"Now, what would you like for Christmas?" Santa asked. Mallory looked at him and took a deep breath.

"I would like a new dollhouse, a Bitty Baby, and some new play food for my kitchen please." Mallory said. Santa laughed and nodded.

"I'm sure that I can get you those things." Santa assured her. Mallory smiled and the lady elf grabbed a camera.

"Okay! Say cheese!" She said.

"Cheeeese!" Mallory said. The lady elf snapped a photo and Mallory ran over to her parents.

"Good job sweetheart!" Zoe said smiling. 

"Look at you, brave girl." Evan said smiling. A man dressed as an elf walked over and handed Zoe a candy cane and a photo.

"Thanks." Zoe said. Mallory looked at the photo and smiled.

"Look Mommy! It's me and Santa!" Mallory said smiling.

"It sure is!" Zoe said. Mallory smiled and the trio walked through the mall.