21/12/18

"Mal! Look at that!" Zoe said. Mallory turned to where her mother was pointing and smiled.

"Horses!" She said happily. Zoe smiled and Evan picked Mallory up.

"And what are the horses pulling?" Evan asked.

"A sleigh!" Mallory said excitedly. Zoe smiled and nodded.

"Yeah! That's right Mal!" Zoe said.

"Can we ride?" Mallory asked.

"Well, I'm sure we'd have to ask the nice man before we can ride in his sleigh." Evan said. Mallory squirmed until Evan set her down and then took off towards the sleigh. She skidded to a halt in front of the horse and the operator turned to her smiling.

"Hi! I'm Mallory!" Mallory said smiling. Zoe and Evan caught up with her and Zoe looked at her.

"Mallory! What do we say about running off?" Zoe asked.

"I'm so sorry." Evan apologized. The man smiled.

"Hi Mallory, I'm Michael." The man said, crouching in front of Mallory.

"Your horses are pretty." Mallory said. Michael smiled.

"Thank you." Michael said.

"What are their names?" Mallory asked.

"The horse on the left is June and the horse on the right is Goldie." Michael said.

"Can we ride in your sleigh!" Mallory asked. Michael laughed and nodded.

"Of course you can! Climb in!" He said. Zoe smiled and the trio climbed into the sleigh.

"Okay folks, lets be sure to keep our hands and feet inside the sleigh at all times! Make sure we don't make loud, sudden noises or you'll spook the horses." Michael explained. He climbed into the drivers seat and pulled on the reigns.

The sleigh started moving and Mallory smiled.

"Daddy! We're in a sleigh!" Mallory said happily. Evan smiled as the Michael led the horses down the snowy path. Evan smiled and pressed a kiss to the top of Mallory's head. He grabbed Zoe's hand and squeezed it as the sleigh continued to go down the twisty path.

+++

"Well, did you have fun Mal?" Zoe asked. Mallory nodded happily as Michael helped her out of the sleigh.

"Okay, now I don't do this with everyone, but would you like to have your picture taken with June and Goldie?" Michael asked. Mallory looked up at Zoe who nodded.

"Yes please!" She said excitedly.

"Perfect!" Michael said. He turned to Zoe and Evan.

"I can take a photo if you'd like to join her." He offered. Zoe smiled and nodded.

The small family stood in between the two horses and Michael smiled.

"Say June and Goldie!" He said.

"June and Goldie!"